Farmdrop are looking for a talented experienced and creative iOS Developer to join our team and help build our amazing iOS app. You'll be working closely with UX and backend teams, shaping the development of our products to ensure we're making the most of the iOS platform.
Farmdrop represents a new economic approach to food retailing whereby the benefits of cutting out the middlemen are shared between customers who enjoy fresher, healthier food at better prices, and smaller scale producers who enjoy best-ever trading terms. Our mission is to Fix The Food Chain, something we plan to do by providing the best food retail experience.
Our Engineering Team
We believe in collaborative, agile and lean ways of working. We continually optimise our system of work (as one size does not fit all). We use small teams, pair, make use of TDD/BDD.
We are on a journey from a monolithic architecture to a microservices event-based future which has which yielded a rapid change in our practices within the team. We share knowledge openly within the team with a collaborative approach across the entire company.
iOS tech stack: Swift, ReactiveSwift, Realm, Texture, CouchDB, Apollo-GraphQL, MVVM, Quick/Nimble, Carthage
- Strong Swift and iOS skills, with a published app(s) in the App store
- Commercial experience developing software
- Working knowledge of iOS interface guidelines / best practices
- Desire to write clean, modular and testable code with consistent code style
- Experience of third-party libraries such as ReactiveSwift, Texture, Apollo
- Experience of using git source control across multiple repositories
- Good understanding of MVVM pattern and Clean Architecture
Other things we value:
- An open mind that is eager to learn, and give meaningful feedback to the team.
- A willingness to accepting feedback and code review comments as opportunities to improve and extend your own knowledge.
- A thirst for knowledge and mastery continuously improving your skills and keeping a breast of the latest technologies and techniques
- A great understanding of Kanban, Scrum, XP, Lean and other methods.
- Extensive knowledge and experience of software engineering practices such as Continuous Delivery, TDD, DDD, Pair Programming, instrumentation and telemetry.
- Knowledge of BDD.
- Contributions to open source projects.
- A willingness to experiment with, and drive the adoption of, new technology and approaches that might help us.
- A willingness to take responsibility (currently everyone deploys to production, everyone fixes urgent bugs).
- An ability to manage, lead, teach, and learn from, others and to work collaboratively.
- An ability to provide coaching and mentoring where required.
- An ability to work with non-technical staff to understand and refine complex requirements.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
As a key member of a small, fast-moving company, you will be empowered to use your creativity to have impact, getting involved at all levels of the product life cycle. We're constantly evolving our product, building key features and setting the direction that will affect the business for years to come. You will be a central part of moving our software stack forward at every level, working in and nurture a team of capable and friendly developers who love building great software.
- We pay a competitive salary, commensurate with experience.
- Free lunch cooked daily by our on-site chef)
- Friday drinks (with lots of nice food of course!)
- Food freebies
- Enhanced Parental Leave
- 20% off all food and drink through Farmdrop
- Cycle to work scheme
- Up to 2 days paid per year for volunteering/charity work
- Mind and Body Training Benefit (this is an allowance you can use towards gym membership/yoga/educational classes etc
On top of this we love hanging out with each other and always have cool and unique socials. We have a shiny new office based at Old Street which has many convenient transport links.