Clutter is an on-demand, technology company based in Los Angeles that is disrupting the $50B/year self-storage and moving industries. We’ve built an end-to-end logistics and supply chain platform that enables us to offer consumers a much more convenient solution at price parity with the incumbents. We’ve raised $300M from a number of VCs, including SoftBank, Sequoia, Atomico and GV (formerly Google Ventures). We have 500+ team members and tens of thousands of customers in 7 major markets across the US with plans to be in 50+ markets, domestically and internationally, within the next 5 years!
We are looking for a driven and high-performing leader with a passion for process to oversee a team of 40+ Warehouse Leads and Associates responsible for receiving, storing & shipping all customer belongings in the greater Northeast area. This role will be based out of our new 450k sq. ft. warehouse in South Brunswick, NJ, and will report directly to our Warehouse Manager. This person will be responsible for providing coverage for the evening/overnight shifts as well as leadership for the entire facility.
What you get:
- Competitive Salary
- Benefits for you and your family
- Stock Options (own a piece of this Google-backed tech start-up)
- Management Training & Development
What we ask:
- Get the job done! Our warehouse workload varies day-to-day, requiring a leader who can complete jobs no matter what.
- Coach our team! Supervisors are responsible for maintaining a high level of performance across their team by actively coaching and reinforcing good behavior.
- Get your hands dirty! Hand-on work is necessary to better understand our business and identify inefficient processes.
- Weekend Availability: Work 5 days per week, with one of those days a Saturday or Sunday
- Oversee Clutter’s inbound and outbound transfer operations from the South Brunswick, NJ warehouse
- Manage a team of 40+ warehouse workers & transfer drivers throughout the evening/night shift operations
- Identify coaching opportunities and structure training for all employees
- Implement processes in a rapidly growing and changing environment
- Manage day-to-day logistics of warehouse operations
- Solve complex inventory and customer issues
- Analyze and draw insights from data to improve processes
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 5+ years of relevant experience in warehousing
- 3+ years of leadership experience
- Strong written & verbal communication skills
- Flexibility concerning hours & shifts to accommodate a cyclical business with overnight operations
- Comfortable delivering frequent direct written and oral feedback
- Comfortable with technology (e.g. navigating a computer and iphone App)
- Willingness to work hard and get your hands dirty at a fast-growing start-up