Scandit is a high-growth tech startup from Switzerland with offices in Zurich, San Francisco, Boston, Warsaw, London and Tampere.
Our technology for recognising any barcode with any standard mobile phone is leading in the market today. To see our software in action, check out our videos.
We are now looking for a new colleague to join our passionate team of computer vision engineers and help us make the next steps. Together with the other team members, you will be responsible for further improving our scanning performance of our on-device barcode, text and object recognition solutions by extending and optimising our real-time computer vision and deep learning algorithms. You, along with other engineers, will make sure that the overall system delivers maximal performance while maintaining minimal power consumption on a wide range of hardware platforms.
If these challenges sound interesting to you, send us your application.
What You Will Do
- Further improve the performance of our leading computer vision algorithms on mobile phones, wearables or embedded systems (such as the NVIDIA Jetson TX2)
- Optimize and extend our custom deep neural network inference engine
- Port existing CPU algorithms to SIMD assembly or GPU shaders
- Design and improve APIs and the architecture of our SDK components
- Build automated monitoring systems to guarantee robustness, speed and accuracy
Who You Are
- You have an MSc in computer science or a related field
- You have 5+ years of experience writing modern C++ code
- You have experience architecting and extending large cross-platform C++ projects
- You enjoy speeding up algorithms using multi-threading and SIMD instructions (ARM or Intel)
- You have experience or are interested in porting algorithms to GPUs using OpenGL (ES), Metal or Vulcan
- Your are passionate about the latest developments in C++ and enjoy sharing your knowledge with others
- You believe in automated testing for producing high-quality code
- Experience in computer vision, image processing or machine learning is a plus
- You are thorough and pay attention to details
Who We Are
We help businesses augment the physical world with relevant digital information in real time - through barcodes, images and other visual identifiers captured with smartphones, wearables, drones and robots. We use machine learning and AR to enable Internet of Things applications and have companies such as NASA, DHL or Macy’s among our customers.
Engineering culture is really the DNA of Scandit, with all three founders having a PhD in computer science. We have bi-weekly tech talks, enjoy flat hierarchies and share a passion for high-quality in everything we do.
What We Offer
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for computer vision challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to travel
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- Phantom stock option plan to participate in the success of our startup