Scandit is a high-growth tech startup from Switzerland with offices in Warsaw, Zurich, San Francisco, Boston and London.
Our technology for recognizing any barcode with any mobile phone is leading in the market today. To see our software in action, check out our videos.
We are looking for students with a passion for computer vision and machine learning to join our Zurich team and help us revolutionize the traditional barcode scanner and text recognition market with our innovative mobile solutions for smartphones, tablets and wearable devices.
You will be part of the computer vision team and help us improve and extend our product and its automated testing and release infrastructure.
Scandit is a great place to apply the theory from your studies and learn best practices used in the industry in an international team.
What You Will Do
We have many interesting projects to offer. Depending on your background and interests, you could work on one of the following projects:
- Implement new features in our industry-leading Scandit Barcode Scanner SDK
- Evaluate experimental computer vision and machine learning algorithms that have the potential to improve the performance of our product
- Optimize our products for embedded Linux devices (such as the NVIDIA Jetson TX2) and mobile phones
- Enhance tracking and augmented reality capabilities of our solutions
- Work on challenging object and text recognition problems and evaluate different experimental real-time algorithms
Who You Are
- Highly motivated student, interested in an internship of 4 months or longer
- Enrolled in or completed a bachelor’s or master’s program in computer science or a related field
- Solid knowledge of data structures and experience in object-oriented programming
- If you are interested in working on the core image recognition algorithms, solid C++ programming skills will be needed
- Knowledge in computer vision or machine learning is a plus
What We Offer
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for computer vision challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- A salary during your internship