Bitmovin provides API based Software that helps developers around the world to solve the most complex video problems with a video player library that plays everywhere. Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
Bitmovin is looking for a Software Engineer to join our Solutions team. We are building client side libraries that run on the Web, iOS, Android, Roku, Xbox, and smart TV devices. The ideal candidate will have a strong software development background and comfortable working in multiple programming languages. We are looking for candidates who have a passion for writing software in a clean, easy to understand, maintainable way.
As a Software Engineer Solutions, you will
- Develop high-quality, readable, reusable code that will be used by developers of Bitmovin’s enterprise customers like Periscope, Red Bull Media House, Technicolor, Pro7, RTL, Irdeto, Zattoo.
- Be involved in all stages of development, from product ideation, architecture, execution, and integration.
- Work with third party and open source technology to integrate with Bitmovin products
- Drive quality and stability by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
It would be great if you have
- Experience with client side development mobile or web development. Some of the technologies you will be working with are we use Swift, Cocoapods, Java, Kotlin, Gradle, Typescript, JS, NPM, Webpack.
- Experience writing client side libraries. These libraries need to be easy for other developers to integrate.
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with video streaming technologies (HLS, DASH, Ad Insertion, ExoPlayer, AVPlayer, HLS.js, Shaka Player)
- Software architecture skills. Ability to design a library with clean APIs
- Familiarity with git, GitHub and Git Flow
- Make an impact on the global multimedia industry, working with companies that are shaping the future of media
- Competitive compensation package including stock
- Unlimited PTO
- Employer pays 100% Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance premiums for individual employees
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Investment in growth and education
- Awesome office culture with all the motivational accoutrements you need – free snacks, coffee, team activities, happy hours, etc…
- Flexible work hours
- 401k plan
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!