Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including Ooyala, RTL, Pro7Sat1, Bouygues Telecom, Cloudflare, Technicolor, Televisa, Zattoo and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
As a Software Engineer, you will
- Develop high-quality, reusable and scalable code that will be used by Bitmovin’s enterprise
customers like Technicolor, Pro7, RTL, Irdeto, etc. and by millions of users worldwide
- Improve, extend and refactor products and services
- Design pragmatic, restful API endpoints that fit in with the rest of our API
- Develop new and enhance existing features as well as investigate and resolve issues
- Drive quality by writing unit, functional and performance tests
- Work closely with DevOps engineers to ensure services are reliable, scalable, manageable and maintainable
- Ensure quality by leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of others
- Continually evaluate emerging technologies to stay ahead
- Adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
It would be great if you have
- Ability to work both independently and in cooperation with others
- A sense of urgency and ownership over the product
- Comfortable with full-stack projects and able to build a minimum viable product quickly
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry, with target markets EU, US and APAC
- Competitive salary
- Flexible work hours
- Investment in growth and education
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Free snacks and great coffee
- Open spaced office
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, …)
- Choose your own hardware
- The opportunity to work for an exciting start-up, building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!