MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our impressive Product Engineering squads with an experienced Product Manager.
As a Product Manager, you will be responsible for maximizing the value of our platform for our customers, potentially expanding to multiple communication products and related services over time.
We aim to deliver reliable, secure and quality products that enable our customers to reach people all over the world, across a growing number of communication channels, either through an API or our online dashboard.
Our Product Engineering teams are customer-driven and have the responsibility and authority to create quality products that solve customer's needs.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed to come to work every morning.
- Own the success and adoption of a product or service, as part of the MessageBird platform
- Take on a customer-driven approach, working closely with internal and/or external customers to effectively gather requirements and prioritise items in order to create qualitative products or features
- Align the Product Engineering teams on problems to solve, impact to the customer and business value
- Manage sprints of the Product Engineering teams to execute on the roadmap
- Steer an efficient and self-organising team with high velocity
- Prioritise based on business value and business demand
- Define how product performance is measured and ensure the team's growing performance
- Gather feedback about specific needs from internal and external partners to improve our products
- Focused on keeping the customer at the heart of all data-driven decision making
- Prioritize backlogs based on business value and demand to continuously improve our products
- Be the voice and main expert of the product you are managing to all stakeholders, our customers, our management team and the whole company; you make sure that the product you manage is successful and work with the organisation to fill the gaps where need be
Skills and Qualifications
- To qualify for this role you must have 4+ years experience with Product Management, with specific experience the CPaaS industry
- Experience working in an organisation with similar agile product-engineering environment to us
- Previous hands-on experience as a backend Software Engineer or Software Developer
- Degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science or a related technical field
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and influencing skills
- You’re flexible, a fast learner and have an excellent eye for detail
- An exceptionally bright, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries.
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we are all owners and shareholders of our company - MessageBird’s success is in our hands!
- Serious sustenance: Our private chefs pamper us with beautiful lunches and great food all day long.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- Rest up with 25 days’ holidays per year.
- Pension Scheme: we contribute to the planning of your golden years.
- We contribute to your commute between home and work every day.
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer, and feeling warm in winter.
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings. We love spending time together!
- Relocating? We support you and your family through the process of moving.
- Dutch language course for our international Birds, organized by us!
Work with us and build the data-driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.