MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform (CPaaS) that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our Engineering Team with an experienced Software Engineer.
As a Software Engineer, you will be an integral part of one of our product-engineering squads, and responsible for designing, developing, maintaining and supporting our communication products and related services.
We seek to deliver reliable, secure and maintainable applications, enabling our customers to send out millions of SMS messages per day; place voice calls via our REST API; gain real-time insights using our Dashboard and reach out to their consumers via IM platforms like WhatsApp.
Our product-engineering squads have the freedom, end-to-end responsibility and authority to create impactful products to empower both our internal and external customers. We operate using an agile development methodology, deploying code multiple times per day while always making sure that our applications are rigorously automatically tested and statically analyzed.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working all around the globe. We push each other to be our ultimate best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy about getting out of bed to come and work every morning.
Our Tech Stack:
- Yii2 / Symfony
- Docker / Kubernetes / Prometheus / Terraform
- Help design and build a performant system.
- Work as part of a team to design scalable and fault-tolerant communication platforms.
- Refactor legacy parts of the system to sustain team and company growth.
- Work with other engineers on the team to solve difficult but exciting system design and implementation problems.
- Work with, and enable engineers on other teams that interact with the platform.
- Be part of a self-steering team, where you take decisions together on the project you’re working on.
- You will flourish working in a hyper-growth environment where priorities change fast.
Skills and Qualifications
- At least 3 years of relevant software development experience .
- Experience in one or more programming languages, including but not limited to; PHP, Golang, Ruby, Python, Java, and/or C#.
- Experience with scalability and high availability systems.
- Previous experience working with distributed systems.
- Practical and theoretical knowledge of software design.
- Experience with refactoring legacy systems would be a plus.
- Prior experience working with test-driven development would be a bonus.
- Ability and desire to learn (fast).
- An exceptionally bright, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries.
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we are all owners and shareholders of our company - MessageBird’s success is in our hands!
- Serious sustenance: Our private chefs pamper us with beautiful lunches and great food all day long.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- Rest up with 25 days’ holidays per year.
- Pension Scheme: we contribute to the planning of your golden years.
- We contribute to your commute between home and work every day.
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer, and feeling warm in winter.
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings. We love spending time together!
- Relocating? We support you and your family through the process of moving.
- Dutch language course for our international Birds, organized by us!
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.