MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform as a Service (CPaaS) company for SMS, Voice and Chat communications that connects businesses to 7 billion phones worldwide. We’re one of the fastest growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our impressive Engineering Team with an experienced Application Security Engineer to build a global team.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our ultimate best, and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Design and operate data-driven security systems.
- Work with the platform team and help to build a trustworthy and agile platform and network.
- Work with other tech teams defining company wide security policies.
- Help other teams assess risks of the solutions they are delivering.
- Work alongside our Security Officer and help them come up with technical solutions.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3 years of relevant work experience in security
- Coding experience
- Network protocols and secure network design
- Operating system internals and hardening (e.g. Windows, Linux, OS X, Android)
- Web application and browser security
- You love to code
- Security monitoring and intrusion detection
- Incident response and forensics
- Development of security tools, automation or frameworks
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar systems optional
- Experience with security attacks and mitigation methods
- Security assessments and penetration testing
- Authentication and access control
- Applied cryptography and security protocols
- An exceptionally bright, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries.
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we are all owners and shareholders of our company - MessageBird’s success is in our hands!
- Serious sustenance: Our private chefs pamper us with beautiful lunches and great food all day long.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- Rest up with 25 days’ holidays per year.
- Pension Scheme: we contribute to the planning of your golden years.
- We contribute to your commute between home and work every day.
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer, and feeling warm in winter.
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings. We love spending time together!
- Relocating? We support you and your family through the process of moving.
- Dutch language course for our international Birds, organized by us!
Work with us and build the data driven telecom company of the future. MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.