Who we are: We are a workforce on-demand company that relies heavily on tech. We integrate the complete process of selecting, hiring and managing employees, being the first in digitizing all the steps, introducing Artificial Intelligence solutions in multiple phases, obtaining faster and higher-quality service for our clients and great satisfaction and loyalty for our workers.
Our Impact on Society: Our vision is to create long-term job security conditions for our workers while providing flexible solutions to our clients. We can do this by concatenating different short-term contracts and minimizing or completely removing–their unemployed time. We want to remove the need for finding a job ever again.
Challenges for a DBA/Data warehouse Position: Jobandtalent runs in a multi-service architecture that benefits from a high-performance data access layer, to maintain SLA levels and to keep it future proof with highly growing needs. You will join the Platform team to help to make key decisions, apply experience and improve team knowledge about data layers to impact almost all parts of the Jobandtalent technology stack. Also to work closely with the DataScience team and other business-oriented departments to allow a smooth operation of critical Data warehouse parts of the stack on which depends the operative and decisions taking processes in Jobandtalent.
Growth Overview: An annual growth of 170%, available in multiple countries: the UK, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Mexico, Colombia, France, and more are coming. HQ in Madrid with a second big presence in Barcelona and some remote workers in the UK, The Netherlands, and the US. And finally, some of our great clients are Amazon, XPOLogistics, Cabify, Santander, Lime, etc.
We are looking for a passionate Platform Engineer to join the Jobandtalent Platform team.
Your main responsibility will be to work on maintaining, improving and proposing new technologies for Jobandtalent’s platform, working closely with Development teams, Data Science team and providing support and tooling to them, as well as other engineers in the cross-functional teams to provide best-in-class platform availability.
- Experience working as a Sysadmin/Platform engineer in production on services with millions of users.
- Experience setting up and maintaining distributed environments, know how to design and implement services with functional or costs constraints.
- Experience working in a DevOps focused culture environment.
- Experience in cloud-based services and Docker. AWS ECS/EC2/RDS/S3 etc.
- Experience in automation and programming to keep Infrastructure as Code. Knowledge of Golang/python.
- Commitment to provide well-tested, performing and high-quality services and strong skill capabilities to push it forward.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively with technical communities.
- Able to participate in the paid guards team once every 3-4 weeks.
- Able to seek and actively promote ideas and techniques in the community, both within Jobandtalent and externally.
- Continuously discover, evaluate and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Fluent in English.
- B.S. or equivalent knowledge in Computer Science.
Nice to have
- Experience in managing monetization tools. Ideally Datadog.
- Experience dealing with caveats of Ruby on Rails based applications.
What we offer
- Ownership of projects with *direct impact* on the product in one of the fastest-growing startup companies in Europe.
- Salary in the 45k-55k range
- Transparent *Equity* package.
- Discount on *Health insurance*.
- Possibility to *work remotely* or in the Jobandtalent HQ in sunny Madrid or Barcelona.
- A *yearly budget* for Conferences, Meetups or self-learning.
- Free fruit, free coffee and free lunch on Fridays!
Join us in one of the hottest startups in Spain, breaking into a new market worldwide, learning and contributing with your expertise in innovating the entire job market!