At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The Process Equipment Engineer will be responsible for the production of cell-based meat in a pilot plant. This individual will join the process engineering team in the build-up phase of the facility. The participation of the FATs, the soft-and hardware installations, the I/O-tests and the commissioning- and acceptance test phases, will be essential for a deeply rooted process understanding and the following plant operation. From facility completion, the process equipment engineer will be in charge of the production and the scale-up tests of new technologies. This includes technical- and technological troubleshooting, maintenance, and upgrades to the process equipment and utilities in this facility. You should be creative, problem solving, technically talented, enthusiastic, and a team player.
- Create, review, and approve conceptual and detailed engineering documents for process equipment and utilities including Block Flow Diagrams (BFDs) and Process Flow Diagrams (PFDs), equipment and automation specifications, P&IDs, process models, sizing calculations, etc.
- Coordinate with suppliers to fabricate and deliver parts and equipment to specification.
- Lead commissioning/qualification/validation, including FAT, SAT, IQ, OQ & PQ – protocol generation as well as execution.
- Work with Operations and R&D to ensure that the process systems and utilities perform appropriately to ensure personnel safety and integrity of finished products.
- Develop, optimize, validate and document standard operating procedures for equipment cleaning, sterilization, and process operations.
- Design and implement innovative technologies to ensure continuous improvement in our process capabilities.
- Help establish and maintain an Engineering documentation system to capture information throughout the equipment lifecycle from design through implementation and routine maintenance.
- Mechanical- or Chemical Engineer with 7+ years of experience in fabrication oversight, installation, operation and support of process manufacturing equipment and facilities
- Experienced with various degrees of process equipment automation: manual, local PLCs and integrated PCS solutions
- Experienced with engineering project execution and project management
- Experience with process facility start-ups in biotechnology and/or food manufacturing is a plus
- Technically talented
- Problem solving and improvising skills
- Passionate and creative
Memphis Meats is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.