Streetbees is building the world’s first platform for human intelligence. We make human data accessible, anywhere in the world by connecting brands with real people on the ground to gather real-time in-the-moment insights at scale. We distil these insights into clear actions for our clients using machine learning technology that highlights key trends in our data.
Having raised Series A investment led by Atomico, our client roster is impressive. We work with the likes of Unilever, PepsiCo, L’Oreal, McKinsey, Deloitte, Nestle, Deliveroo, Uber and the BBC to name but a few.
We’re currently looking for an ambitious person to join our rapidly growing business as a Product Manager (B2C), with a keen eye for design, to help build the next generation of our mobile applications. We want someone who can build a truly habit-forming app that allows us to build our global network of bees and keeps them engaged.
What you’ll be doing and why you’ll want to do it:
Working with a small, friendly and exceptional group of people to build a groundbreaking product that uses natural language conversations to allow brands to conduct research with millions of consumers across the globe. This product concept has worked well for us and we're keen to know how you might improve it, this may include:
Increasing the speed of which the mobile team can put things into production.
Improving the learning curve within the team.
Working smartly when it comes to ensuring the continual improvement of release & testing within the team.
Experimentation - you'll have the ability to run effective experiments that provide high levels of data, which you will learn from then enable you to make decisions on how to improve features moving forward.
You'll be reporting into the Chief Technical Officer and working closely with our COO, where you’ll be breaking down complex commercial challenges and shaping the future of our mobile apps on both Android and iOS. We've also got a great engineering team to partner with made up of a front end iOS and Android mobile team as well as full stack devs dedicated to the API.
Very importantly - you'll have have a very user-centric mindset and be building out an incredible user flow, thinking of new ways that we can engage and excite our users.
Working with our engineering, research, sales and commercial teams, you’ll be helping shape the wider direction of the B2C side of the business.
Keeping a very close eye on ‘what to build next' and ensuring the smartest route to production is followed.
What we’re looking for:
B2C Product experience - you will ideally have 1 to 3 years experience within a Product function, having owned similar B2C products.
Start-up or scale-up experience - you will have experience of operating in a fast-moving tech start-up or scale-up
Cognitive Intelligence - you can think on your feet, seeing all the angles to best position the product/market fit. You'll have built habit forming, game changing apps, maybe in the gaming, fashion/retail, self help, quiz, learning or data space.
Data driven decision making- you’ll be experienced in making difficult decision with the data in front of you.
AB testing- someone that understands the difference between ‘control’ and ‘variation’!
Awesome analytics - you'll be very comfortable with Mixpanel events, building your own funnels and understanding cohorts. You will also be familiar with running controlled experiments on new features to cohorts to measure engagement impact.
Stakeholder Empathy - you’ll be building strong relationships to dream up and deliver the best product you can with the team around you, with a great opportunity to lead the strategy for mobile growth.
A proactive nature - a self-starter who can work without any guidance required- could be known as naturally having a ‘start-up attitude’.
Curiosity - You’re interested in learning about the industry and showcase an interest towards the client base.
This is a great opportunity to work closely with a lively, diverse and high calibre team in a fast paced and high growth commercial environment. As a Product Manager you will get a competitive salary, stock options and work in a highly social team in a modern, fun and open planned office.
At Streetbees, your company benefits will include:
1) A 24 day paid holiday allowance with the option to rollover up to three days a year if desired
2) Flexible working hours - we trust people to manage their time and to focus on wider results; so if you need to work from home to finish a project or leave at 5 on a Tuesday for Choir practice, ensure your manager knows in advance, but feel free to take it.
3) An external training or conference budget of £500 per year to use for topics agreed with your line manager.
4) A pension scheme - our new pension scheme means that Streetbees will start paying a percentage of your salary towards your pension.
5) The Streetbees Culture Champions - any employee will have the opportunity to plan and manage a variety of Streetbees funded socials and activities for the team. Socials and day outs can involve anything from rock climbing or bowling to company meals or pub crawls
6) Wednesday Lunch - We all come together for lunch every Wednesday with a different cuisine each week, paid by the company. Vegetarian and vegan options always provided!
7) Fully Stocked Kitchen - Breakfast is on us every morning and if you need a coffee or a snack at any point throughout the day, please be our guest.
8) Friday Catch-ups - Beers, wine, soft drinks and snacks provided as we celebrate the week’s successes and welcome newcomers.
9) Paid volunteering days - one day per quarter with a registered charity of your choice
10) Games Room - Nintendo Switch with big screen TV + various games
11) Audible subscriptions - the company is more than happy to pay for audio-books subscriptions of your choice on Amazon as we encourage wider and continued learning among our team
12) Free beer and Prosecco in the office!