MessageBird is a Cloud Communications Platform (CPaaS) that enables consumers in virtually every corner of the planet to connect with businesses in the same way they connect with their friends - seamlessly, on their own timeline and with context. We’re one of the fastest-growing software companies in the world and we’re looking to expand our best-in-class Engineering Team with an experienced Voice Engineer to grow our Voice Team.
At MessageBird we operate a highly available and distributed infrastructure to make, receive and control voice calls. The Voice Team develops, manages and maintains the applications and infrastructure for calls, media, recordings, and transcriptions.
As a Voice Engineer, you will design, develop, deploy and operate services to deliver highly available, low latency voice services to our customers. You will be responsible for continuous deployment at scale to ensure quality and security challenges and reach high availability goals.
In return, you’ll gain access to one of the most fun, open, and ambitious groups of people working in Amsterdam. We push each other to be our absolute best and are the kind of company that will make you feel happy getting out of bed every morning.
- Design, develop and implement SIP and real-time streaming infrastructure.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is highly available, performant, fault-tolerant and scalable.
- Ensure that the infrastructure is instrumented and monitored.
- Build modules and add-on services for SIP related software.
- Set up and manage interconnections with suppliers.
Skills and Qualifications
- A minimum of 3 years experience operating SIP infrastructure, in a telecom and/or cloud communications environment.
- Solid understanding of the SIP protocol and real-time streaming protocols like SDP, RTP and how they function together. You must be able to troubleshoot problems at a protocol level.
- Extensive experience with open source SIP technologies
- Hands on development experience is required
- Knowledge of SIP proxies-compatible programming languages, like Perl or Lua.
- Hands-on experience configuring SIP proxies and B2BUAs
- Experience troubleshooting carrier interconnection and VoIP related issues.
- Experience building distributed, highly available, performant and scalable systems.
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker or other similar container-based systems.
- Experience with cloud services (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure or similar) is preferable.
- Experience with scripting- or programming languages like Go is preferable.
- An exceptionally bright, talented and fun bunch of colleagues, hailing from more than 40 countries.
- Employee Stock Option Plan: we are all owners and shareholders of our company - MessageBird’s success is in our hands!
- Serious sustenance: Our private chefs pamper us with beautiful lunches and great food all day long.
- Weekly kickboxing, pilates and boot camp classes at our office (on the rooftop in summer!).
- Rest up with 25 days’ holidays per year.
- Pension Scheme: we contribute to the planning of your golden years.
- We contribute to your commute between home and work every day.
- MessageBird swag to keep you looking fresh in summer, and feeling warm in winter.
- The occasional company-wide gathering and team outings. We love spending time together!
- Relocating? We support you and your family through the process of moving.
- Dutch language course for our international Birds, organised by us!
Work with us and build the data-driven communications company of the future! MessageBird is an equal opportunity employer. If you think you meet these requirements, apply! We look forward to your application letter and resume.