We are on a mission to defeat inactivity! Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find their perfect fit among 800 different activities at over 50,000 fitness facilities across the US, Europe, and Latin America. We increase the number of people exercising every day, helping them to become active and reach their goals. Let's help people get there together!
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Senior Data Engineer in São Paulo!
WHO YOU ARE
- We are looking for a team member to help us grow our Data Engineering team, improve our pipelines, adopt new technologies, find new ways to democratize data;
- We are responsible to empower all teams by providing a scalable and reliable infrastructure to collect, organize and process the deluge of data generated daily on Gympass (all in a manner protected by privacy);
- Our infrastructure is completely in the cloud, running Kubernetes, Presto, Spark, Kafka, Airflow and more cutting edge projects;
- We use software engineering principles to solve large scale production challenges. We want to help all teams to be data driven.
- You have designed and maintained large scale pipelines (really, we have a deluge of data);
- You understand how cloud providers works, costs involved and latency;
- You understand data quality issues and how to troubleshoot them;
- At your last companies you were responsible for introducing technologies that made people empowered with data.
- Design and execution of data architectures, such as lambda and streaming;
- Proficient in Python, Java or a similar language;
- Message queues, notebooks, scheduling concepts and serialisation formats;
- Datalakes in AWS;
- Data storages and databases;
- Hadoop ecosystem.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits include:
1) WELLNESS: health, dental, and life insurance health.
2) GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
3) PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
LATAM: 30 Working days as a personal day off.
4) PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
5) CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
6) CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
7) FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.
8) REMOTE WORK: After 6 months working with us, employees are also allowed to work remotely once per week. This does not apply to interns and Aprendice.