What You Will Do
As a software engineer at Scandit, you will play a critical role in making our core computer vision technology available to our customers on the iOS platform.
You will be in charge of our App Store apps as well as our SDK that helps other iOS developers create engaging user experiences around barcode scanning and AR, and is currently in use on more than 75 million mobile phones worldwide.
In the apps, you will help bring out the best of the SDK by implementing an engaging user experience, a beautiful UI, and flexible remote customization. In the SDK you will help expand our global developer community by providing them with new SDK features both on iOS and in cross-platform frameworks (React Native, Flutter, Cordova, etc.).
You will be responsible for writing well-architected and performant iOS code to provide the best possible user experience to our current and future customers. In all this, you will work closely together with other mobile teams as well as our UX designer.
Who You Are
- You know your way around Swift and the iOS universe
- You love to collaborate in a small team and quickly iterate on feedback
- You appreciate good software architecture and love to apply it to your code
- You have a history of creating beautiful, engaging user experiences on iOS
- You enjoy working in an international team and dream big
- You are thorough and pay attention to detail
- You are passionate about the latest technologies (e.g., ARKit, SwiftUI) and learning them
- You care about making our SDK available to our developer community in their preferred language and framework, like React Native, Flutter (no experience needed)
What We Offer
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for computer vision challenges and cutting-edge technologies to use
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to travel
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
- A lab with state-of-the-art hardware (such as a UR robot, Microsoft Hololens, Vuzix, Google Glass, etc.)
- Phantom stock option plan to participate in the success of our startup
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones, and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Louis Vuitton, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in San Francisco, Boston, London, Warsaw, and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, cloud computing, and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.