At Scandit, we develop real-time computer vision solutions for smartphones, wearables and robots that combine modern machine learning approaches with computer vision.
To expand our engineering team, we are looking for a software engineer to help us make the most of our engineering data, such as computer vision performance, accuracy data and software health metrics.
You will be responsible for developing automated data collection, analysis and visualization tools as well as dashboards for our engineers. With your help, we will take our engineering productivity to the next level.
What You Will Do
- Take ownership of our engineering data visualization platform
- Work with ML and CV engineers to visualize algorithm performance metrics
- Create new dashboards and implement new features
- Own the architecture and improve where necessary
- Improve our data collection, pre-processing and alerting capabilities
- Support our engineering squads (teams) in the usage of these tools
- Help us on our DevOps journey by collecting organization-wide engineering data to a single place, making it visible and actionable. (Build health, test results, code coverage, etc.)
Who You Are
- You’re interested in becoming familiar with key metrics used by computer vision and machine learning engineers
- You have a BSc or MSc in computer science or a related field
- You take initiative and can drive projects from start to finish
- You enjoy closely interacting with other people and actively managing stakeholder dialogs for your projects
- You’re passionate about quality and building great software
- You believe in automated testing for producing high-quality code
- You have an eye for usability and beautiful user interfaces
- You have experience designing and implementing web-based data visualizations, aggregating data and working with databases
- Solid Python skills, preferably with 2+ years of working experience
- Solid SQL and/or MongoDB skills
- Data visualization skills (Plotly or similar)
We also appreciate
- Familiarity with Python web application frameworks (Flask, Dash by Plotly)
- AWS experience
- DevOps and/or QA experience
- C++ skills
- Computer vision and/or machine learning experience
- Public work to show on the web
What We Offer
- A highly skilled team and a fun environment where you can put your enthusiasm for cutting-edge technologies to use
- Flexible working hours and the opportunity to travel
- A highly skilled and helpful team of international researchers, scientists and engineers to work with
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, company outings and other regular events
Who We Are
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.
Many of the world’s most innovative and successful companies are benefiting from Scandit’s enterprise-grade mobile data capture platform, including Sephora, Louis Vuitton, DHL, and Levi Strauss & Co.
Scandit was founded by a group of researchers from ETH Zurich and MIT. The company is headquartered in Zurich and is also represented in Boston, London, Warsaw and Tampere. Over the years, our company has evolved into a world-class team of mobile image processing, computer vision, machine learning and “Internet of Things” experts from around the globe.