Here at Scandit we’re looking for an Enterprise Architect / Business Architect who will be responsible for supporting the rapid growth of our business by ensuring tight alignment of Scandit’s IT with the needs of the various business functions.
We are a global scaleup company and recently closed our Series C funding round. In this highly dynamic environment, you will be responsible for building up our growing portfolio of business applications (from ERP to CRM and everything in-between), while remaining as agile as we are as a business overall. You are constantly looking to improve the status quo and love to innovate business processes and build the underlying IT infrastructure. You are a pragmatist who is driven by the desire to create business value.
Take a look at our products:
What You Will Do
- Work with stakeholders and senior management from different business units to understand their needs to automate business processes
- Plan and design the capabilities of Scandit’s information systems
- Validate your plan and design with both senior leadership and our software engineering organization
- Identify ways to better integrate the various functions of our business through better integration of information systems
- Ensure a coherent, company-wide data architecture across applications
- Work with our software development team and application owners to implement the capabilities and solutions that you have planned
- Liaise with affected stakeholders to introduce changes or new capabilities
- Document Scandit’s enterprise / IT architecture and constantly monitor its ability to support the business effectively
Who You Are
- At least 3 years experience in an Enterprise Architect or IT Architect (or similar) role
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in business informatics (“Wirtschaftsinformatik”), business information technology, management information systems, computer science or a related field
- Hands-on experience as a software developer or in an IT project management or role
- Solid technical foundation combined with business orientation and commercial acumen
- Pragmatic, hands-on personality with attention to detail and high quality standards
- Strong motivation, drive and customer orientation with a desire to work in an agile environment
- Strong written, spoken and visual communication skills (English is required, German is a plus)
What We Offer
- The opportunity to design the IT landscape in a fast-growing, global and dynamic scaleup company that has its roots at ETH Zurich and has retained its startup culture
- A highly skilled, international and helpful team
- A no-nonsense environment that is driven by innovation and the ambition of our researchers, scientists and engineers
- The opportunity to dive into the exciting world of computer vision and machine learning, two of the most active and innovative fields in computer science today
- Work from our cool space in the heart of Zurich while interacting closely with your global colleagues
- Hackathons, Christmas fondue parties, amazing company outings and other regular events - Did you know one of our values is fun!
- Half-fare - We believe in going green and encourage you to use the Swiss public transportation that is world-famous. We will reimburse you 100% of the cost of the half-fare card so that you could discover Switzerland sustainably.
- Flexible working hours. Like the rest of the world, we're using video conferencing to connect with our teams, but when we eventually get back to "normal", your job may require you to be in the office. If your physical presence is not required in the office, you may want to work from home and that’s okay, too.
Scandit enables enterprises and consumers to change the way they interact with everyday objects and augment the physical world with real-time data captured by scanning barcodes and recognizing text, objects, and other visual identifiers using smartphones, tablets, wearables, drones and robots.
Scandit’s mobile data capture platform is built on proprietary computer vision, augmented reality, and machine learning technologies. Companies in industries such as retail, transportation & logistics, manufacturing, and healthcare can use Scandit’s technology to create and power mobile apps for crucial enterprise workflows like mobile point of sale, mobile shopping, self-checkout, inventory management, and proof of delivery.