Attentive is a personalized text messaging platform changing the way consumers interact with businesses and organizations. The company is one of the fastest growing startups in New York City and recently raised a $230 million investment led by Coatue in September 2020, just 5 months after its Series C round due to strong customer traction. Other investors in Attentive include Bain Capital Ventures, Sequoia, IVP.
We work with 2,000+ of the most innovative brands like Sephora, Coach, Urban Outfitters, CB2, PacSun, Lulus, and Jack in the Box. Attentive was founded in 2016 by the co-founders of TapCommerce, a mobile marketing platform that was acquired by Twitter in 2014.
Attentive is looking for a dynamic Diversity & Inclusion Program Lead to support the Recruiting & HR organizations. The D&I Program Lead will create, implement and measure programs that support the Diversity mission at Attentive. This role plays a critical part for the scaling, sustaining and maintaining diversity hiring best practices and programs throughout the organization.
- Work with the Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to provide support, resources and guidance on activities within their cohort
- Secure influential guest speakers that challenge conventional thinking in a way that leads to innovative ideas and actions to attract and retain talent
- Partner with Recruiting to Implement workplace strategies to attract and hire a dynamic and multi-generational workforce
- Work in partnership with Learning & Development to integrate, assess and pull through D&I concepts and applications into training and learning curriculum
- Participate in key diversity initiatives/special projects as needed within specified timeframes
- Partner on large and small scale D&I events and projects supporting various business and site D&I programs and initiatives
- Keep current on D&I developments, opportunities, and metrics/trends outside the company and inject that knowledge into Attentive's programs; work with outside organizations and universities to research and implement unique and effective D&I initiatives
- Partner with HR to maintain regular company-wide reporting on our efforts and results through e-mails and/or all-hands presentations
Skills & Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in HR Management, Behavioral Science, or related field
- 2+ years working in a Recruiting-related role
- Ability to effectively communicate (both verbally and written) at all levels to achieve positive outcomes
- Willingness to embrace quantitative and qualitative data as integral to developing strategy
- Proven ability to build relationships and deepen connections with diverse people, groups, and communities across all ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, functionalities and generations
- Demonstrated skills in organizational change management processes; has experience with success and failure
- Must be flexible, compassionate, and seeks to be innovative in their approach to problem solving
- Ability to address and manage sensitive topics across the global landscape of Diversity with every level in the workplace.
- Ability to analyze results, measure outcomes and develop initiatives without disenfranchising stakeholders or beneficiaries, but at the same time not backing down from a challenge to what's planned
Attentive is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We’re committed to diversity and maintaining a work environment that is free from harassment and discrimination. We’re committed to them because our core values demand it - values like Integrity First, Listening & Cultivating Discussion, and Default to Action. We believe in embracing “self” and that our true strength lies in the diversity of our employees. For this reason, applicants from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of any protected status under federal, state, or local law.