At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech start ups. In one year, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 20% of the market. Today, over 90% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations, in the space of 8 weeks.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as a Senior User Researcher at accuRx
You’ll work closely with our Head of User Research and Product Managers. You'll be responsible for leading research in a given product area, and will work closely with Product Managers in identifying key research questions and high-risk assumptions being made. You'll be expected to mentor others to do lighter weight research, freeing you up to do the high-impact work across product teams. You’ll be creative and take initiative in how you conduct research and testing (read more about the some of the hurdles of user research in healthcare in our Head of User Research’s blog here!). You’ll bring others in product teams (e.g. Engineers & Designers) along the user research journey, and get them involved throughout whether that be shadowing at the frontline, interviews or remote testing. You'll champion and advocate for our users' needs and their problems throughout product development, and in other areas of the business where relevant. You'll help scale our research processes as our product teams, and company continue to grow.
What the team say ...
Alice - User Researcher
"I can't wait for a new team member to join because it's always exciting to see the department you're in expand! It will also mean we can have some really interesting discussions on what we can do to improve our research!"
We’d really like to hear from you if....
You have worked with multidisciplinary software teams, and you have substantial hands-on experience leading research across product teams. Ideally you will have 3+ years in a User researcher role.
It would be great if you have experience doing user research in a healthcare context, but it’s not necessary.
- You are experienced in a wide range of exploratory, generative and evaluative methods
- You have experience scaling research processes and defining best practice
- You’re an excellent communicator and facilitator, and you love finding creative ways to share your research and insights
- You appreciate robust research, but can also weigh up practical constraints and priorities – you know what enough research looks like
- You’ll be comfortable with using your initiative and thinking on your feet in planning and conducting user research
- You’re empathetic, love talking to people and have the ability to strike up a good rapport easily
- You love understanding and solving problems, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- When you see something not working, you'll flag it and be part of the solution
- You share our values