arculus’ mission is the reinvention of manufacturing through the transformation of one-dimensional production lines into scalable, flexible grids of production modules and the replacement of conveyor belts with autonomous mobile robots.
Our product is the manufacturing system fabman, capable of planning, optimizing, and controlling manufacturing at an unprecedented scale, flexibility, and efficiency. It is designed to work in symbiosis with arculee, an autonomous mobile robot capable of moving any object - dynamically and safely, even in the most complex environments. fabman and the arculees are already in use in automotive OEMs and manufacturing companies across Europe.
We are a German technology company with an internationally diverse workforce, unified by the desire to change the way the world produces things. Fulfilling our long-term vision requires solutions to some of the most interesting and challenging problems in software and robotics. Our journey to reinvent manufacturing provides continuous progression and development opportunities for our world-class problem solvers.
You will join our software team, responsible for creating and maintaining our manufacturing system, fabman and it’s Fleet Management module in particular. You will be a part of a cross-functional, agile, international and distributed workforce, creating the best possible platform for our users. Since we have offices in Munich and in Dresden, this position is opened for both locations.
The purpose of this job is to contribute to further development of the Fleet Management module of fabman. We particularly welcome experienced Python developers interested in software architecture to join the team. With us you will solve complex problems in live business and production environment.
Your tasks will include:
- Design of reliable distributed systems
- Developing new features based on customer needs and feedback
- Tackle the challenges that come with processing highly sensitive data
- Delivering technical expertise to the team potentially acting as a technical lead
- Tech stack: Python/asyncio, Thrift, Qt, Angular
- Expert knowledge and previous experience working with Python in business environment (5+ years)
- Experience in building large-scale distributed systems
- Relational databases as well as NoSQL DB experience
- Concern for the cleanliness of code and structure, for elegance and simplicity
- Skills to operate systems under Linux, also with Docker
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong data structures, design, algorithms, and coding skills
- Fluent English, fluent German is an advantage
- Competitive salary and stock options: compensation that matches the top talent we hire
- Healthy body, healthy mind: free drinks, fruits, and coffee
- Tech of your choice: provided on your first day plus whatever tools you need to do your job
- Relocation: contribution to help with your organization and costs
- Employee discounts, get-together, happy hours, end of year party and more
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
We are an equal opportunity employer and foster diversity and inclusion at our company. We believe in the strength of diverse workforce and welcome all applicants, regardless of gender, ethnicity, age, national origin, sexual orientation, culture, education, etc.