At accuRx, we're on a mission to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together.
Who are accuRx?
At accuRx, we're building a world-famous healthcare communication platform. Our mission is simple - to change lives by bringing patients and their healthcare teams together. Our technology is revolutionising how technology is adopted and how care is delivered in healthcare.
Established in 2016 and now with £9m in Series A funding, accuRx is one of the UK's fastest-growing tech startups. In two years, we grew from only a few GP practices using us to over 50% of practices in England. Today, over 95% of GP practices rely on us and over the past few months we have worked really hard on driving adoption within Hospitals, our product is now used in over 50% of trusts and this number is growing day by day. Our vision is that anyone involved in a patient's care can communicate with each other.
In response to COVID-19, we spent March and April working tirelessly to release new features to help frontline staff. This includes a video consultation solution that went from zero to 35,000 daily consultations in the space of 8 weeks. We spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK.
We then spent November and December building a vaccination booking system that has already saved frontline staff many hours and helped with vaccination uptake for vulnerable people in the UK. See our public roadmap for what’s up next 😃.
Unlike many healthtech companies, we are a software provider, not a healthcare provider. We allow existing health and care systems (starting with the NHS in the UK) to deliver technology-enabled care, free from any AI/Blockchain-hype.
Life as a User Support Lead at accuRx
We're looking for someone to join the accuRx family who can work alongside us to deliver a first class experience for our users. You'll be part of our User Support team, which is currently a team of 8 User Support Specialists and a Support Lead. We're growing our team of User Support Specialists rapidly as our product range and userbase grows, and are therefore looking for a User Support Lead who can help us scale out our support function. Our User Support Lead would line manage a team of User Support Specialists, and would lead the delivery of that team's support function.
You would report to and work closely with our current User Support Lead, working together to build scalable processes for our specialists and continuing to grow the team.
Our support operation is valued highly, with everyone in the business doing a monthly slot on our frontline support desk to stay close to users. We view our User Support team as being at the centre of the company - they interface with developers, product teams, user research, growth, and everything in between.
- You’ll be line managing a team of User Support Specialists, who are front line support agents providing technical support over live chat. Our team are ambitious, bright, caring individuals who are continuously looking to improve.
- You’d conduct weekly 1-2-1s, performance reviews every 6 months, and probation reviews for new joiners, to support development of the team.
- You'll help your team members build their career at accuRx, by working with them on their personal development goals, and providing regular feedback and coaching.
- As a manager at accuRx, you'd feed back concerns or ideas you've observed in your team at a higher company level, and be key in helping us grow sustainably as a business to achieve our mission.
- You'd lead on setting goals and target metrics to help your team continue to provide world-class user support and strive to continuously improve our processes.
- As a lead of the team, you'd oversee the team processes for managing our inbound volume and ways of working. This would include escalation processes, effective triaging of inbound support, and resourcing appropriately.
- You'll be able to motivate the team through periods of high volume or stress: our work often comes in ebbs and flows, and you'd lead the team through (very occasional!) outages or other high pressure situations.
- You would be heavily involved in wider business decisions and projects with external teams that would have user impact, and be a representative of our function to the rest of the business.
Scaling our future processes
- We're growing quickly, and have to evolve our processes rapidly to match with the rate of change of our products and volume of inbound support. You'll provide the structure and guidance to the team as we decide how to tackle each change.
- Our team is still growing and we're looking to continue hiring throughout the year. You'll help us build our awesome team by running interviews and bringing new joiners up to speed quickly. You'll also help us scale the structure of the team and progression of members as we grow.
- You'll be keeping your eyes peeled for ways to improve our efficiency as a team and keep raising the bar of the support we provide. You'll be able to experiment with creative ideas and processes to try out to help us keep pushing the bar.
What the team say...
Vicky - Support Lead
"It's a really exciting time to join the team: we've had to scale rapidly and are forming our structure and processes as we go, while still maintaining top notch support for our wonderful users"
We'd really like to hear from you, if...
- 1+ year experience in line management, ideally within a customer service environment
- A bachelor’s degree
- Experience in, and enthusiasm around trying new methods, switching up processes and coming up with new ideas around how we run our support platform and user journey
- Mission-driven and care about positively impacting the lives of billions
- Passionate about improving healthcare
- Excited by change and a fast-paced learning environment
- A problem solver, and relish in the constant challenges a startup throws your way
- An excellent communicator with the ability motivate those in a team
- Someone who responds well under pressure and can handle a crisis
- Able to effectively work with other stakeholders in external teams, and be a representative of User Support across the business
- Someone who shares our values
Salary: up to £40,000 + Shares