At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The R&D Scientist will be responsible for generating vectors and developing new cell lines. The scientist should be capable of designing, troubleshooting, and executing experiments independently while employing critical thinking and organizational skills. This laboratory-based position requires performing experiments/assays on a daily basis, followed by analysis and interpretation of the data. You should be creative, enthusiastic, and a self-manager.
- Molecular biology; including vector design and construction, RNA/ gDNA extraction, ddPCR, qPCR, and PCR
- Cell culture techniques including transfection and genome editing
- Design, set-up, and execution of experiments independently or with guidance from team/project lead
- Routine cell culture assay (e.g. immunostaining, protein/DNA quantification)
- Proficient data collection, management, interpretation, and presentation
- PhD in cell biology, molecular biology, biochemistry, bioengineering or MS in closely related science with 4+ years in industry
- Strong experience in genome editing and mammalian cell culture
- Strong molecular biology experience (Gibson assembly, traditional cloning and all related molecular biology activities). RNA seq and NGS analysis are a plus
- Experience with various cell-based assays (flow cytometry, viability, immunofluorescence, growth assay)
- Competent with Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word.
- Detail-oriented and organized laboratory notebook keeping of experimental designs and results. Familiar with writing and following R/SOP
- Fosters a team environment by collaborating scientifically with team members
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meeting deadlines