GET TO KNOW USWe simplify wellness so you can find everything in one place. Gympass is a corporate wellness platform that connects you to thousands of fitness & wellness partners, all with one simple monthly membership. Founded in 2012 and headquartered in NYC, we have a growing global team in 11 offices around the world. At Gympass, you not only have the opportunity to build a career in a fast-paced global environment - but you'll change the way the world defines wellness: mind, body, and mood.We are on a mission to defeat inactivity! Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find their perfect fit among 800 different activities at over 50,000 fitness facilities across US, Europe, and Latin America. We increase the number of people exercising every day, helping them to become active and reach their goals. Let's help people get there together!
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations, and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our Technology and Product Team in Portugal!
- Defines and leads selection of data infrastructure for production data stores;
- Designs and builds data ingestion, processing and transformation pipelines;
- Builds and maintains business-critical production data systems which feed into client-facing applications and platforms as well as into analytics systems;
- Leads selection of infrastructure as well as design and development of data stores for adhoc analytics and data science applications.
WHO YOU ARE
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
- System mindset, experience building scaled platforms;
- Fluency in various data frameworks;
- Strong experience in relational and dimensional data modeling;
- NoSQL and/or columnar database modeling including systems such as HBase/BigTable,Spanner,DynamoDb,Redshift,Hive, etc;
- Expertise in designing and development of end-to-end data systems in the cloud and on-prem:;
- Data ingestion;
- Streaming frameworks: Sparks Streaming, Flink, Kinesis, etc;
- Message queueing frameworks: Kafka, RabbitMQ, etc;
- Distributed data stores;
- Experience with predictive analytics and data visualization;
- Must earn respect and become influential across the organization;
- Able to emphasize methodology, modeling, and governance;
- Articulate, persuasive, and a good communicator;
- Excellent organizational and analytical abilities.
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits include:
1) WELLNESS: Health, dental, and life insurance health.
2) GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
3) PAID TIME OFF: We know how important it is that our employees take time away from work to recharge.
4) PAID PARENTAL LEAVE: Welcoming a new child is one of the most special moments in your life and we want our employees to take the time to be present and enjoy their growing family.
5) CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
6) CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
7) FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours