Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
Please be advised that the safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such we will not require our teams to return to the offices until Labor Day 2021. Click here to read more about the decision.
Your Impact on our Mission:
We are looking for a Principal Front End Engineer (PFE) to join our engineering team at Zocdoc! As a PFE at Zocdoc you’ll balance individual contribution with mentorship. PFE’s build out our front end technology infrastructure and continue to push the boundaries of usability and delight with our products. You’ll build scalable products that make the healthcare experience for patients, providers, and Zocdocr’s simpler, safer, and more efficient.
You’ll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about building fully scalable platforms with the latest technologies
- A product-driven engineer
- Excited to use technology to enhance the consumer experience
- Excited to lead projects and be a mentor for other engineer
Your day to day is…
- Working with technologies like React/Redux building the libraries and frameworks that power Zocdoc’s front-end development. You might build features that help doctor's visualize their value on Zocdoc or develop core patient experiences that change the way patients interact with healthcare
- Shipping real code to millions of users continuously, without gates on other parts of the engineering organization
- Collaborating with our agile team of dedicated and brilliant engineers, product managers, and designers
- Making a meaningful impact as you own and release features in our CI environment that will impact patients, doctors, and Zocdocr’s alike!
- Mentoring your peers, with the notion that helping others means learning and growing themselves
You’ll be successful in this role if you have…
- Passion for web development IDEs, writing automated tests, and working with source code management systems is unparalleled
- Successfully mentored other engineers in the past and have encouraged your peers to use software development best practices for code testing and deployment
- Successfully shipped code for a consumer-facing product, including layout, styling, and front-end functionality (we’ll want to see your work)
- 5+ years of professional front-end development experience. Experience with a newer front end framework is desired (React, Angular, Vue, Ember, Meteor, etc.)
- Strong grasp of HTML, CSS, and related web technologies
- A Computer Science or related degree preferred
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks(in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location