At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
The Lab Technician/Research Associate I in Upstream Development (UD)-Cellular Adaptation (CA) will be responsible for adapting cell lines for application in large-scale, cell-based meat production. The UD-CA Research Associate should be capable of designing and executing experiments independently while employing critical thinking and organizational skills. This laboratory-based position requires performing experiments/assays on a daily basis. You should be creative, disciplined, enthusiastic, and able to work with a team to reach a common goal.
- Cell culture techniques including routine cell maintenance and growth
- Both low and high throughput experimental execution
- Proficient and organized data collection
- AS/BS/BA in cell biology, bioengineering or closely related science with 2+ years of cell culture experience (industry experience is prefered).
- Experience in maintenance of a variety of cell lines.
- Experience or understanding the use of high-throughput instrumentation.
- Detail-oriented and organized laboratory notebook keeping of experimental designs and results
- Fosters a team environment by collaborating scientifically with team members
- Ability to work in a high paced team environment, meeting deadlines.