At the forefront of farming and food, Memphis Meats is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Memphis Meats is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
We are hiring a Supply Chain and Procurement Manager to work cross functionally with our plant operations and science teams in pursuit of our mission to produce world-class meat products. This person will be responsible for our supplier relationships, sourcing processes and intake processes. This role will lead the development and execution of supply strategies to create the best results for the business. They will deliver a full range of supply management services including strategic sourcing, supplier quality, and supply chain risk management.
- Research, develop and maintain adequate sources of raw materials supply
- Take lead on managing supplier contracts and agreements
- Lead the supplier management program: work with departments to set up specifications with food safety and quality requirements, communicate with the supplier to obtain the required documentation, evaluate and maintain documents and supplier scorecards.
- Work with the Food Safety & Quality team to approve all suppliers that affect the food safety and quality of our product
- Manage and oversee the sourcing and negotiation process for all raw materials, including executing and implementing contracts
- Monitor and manage contract compliance, change orders and commitments
- Ensure trade compliance for our internationally-sourced materials
- Lead cross-functional supplier selection activities through RFP, RFQ and RFI processes
- Provide compelling category and sourcing insights to the business to contribute to overall strategies
- Work cross-functionally with the operations team to ensure timely delivery of inventory
- Drive supply chain infrastructure, efficiency and continuity
- Assist with production planning
- 6-8 years of sourcing experience in food, CPG, biotech and/or pharma industry.
- Deep knowledge of the sourcing process.
- Proven experience in driving complex negotiations and a variety of contracts.
- Superior organizational skills and attention to details.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and drive towards deadlines.
- High level of interpersonal maturity, poise and professionalism.
- Comfort with evolving responsibilities and flexibility to adapt within a developing company.
- Experience with ERP system(s).
- Strong track record of developing and maintaining great vendor relationships, including corrective action responses.
- Experienced sourcing/procuring raw materials from international suppliers.
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.