GET TO KNOW US
We are on a mission to defeat inactivity! Gympass is a discovery platform that empowers companies to engage their workforce in physical activity by providing access to the largest global network of workout facilities. With a single monthly membership, companies can help employees find their perfect fit among 800 different activities at over 50,000 fitness facilities across the US, Europe, and Latin America. We increase the number of people exercising every day, helping them to become active and reach their goals. Let's help people get there together!
WHAT MAKES A GYMPASSER?
We are passionate about our mission! Whatever your job title is, here you can make a global impact and change people’s lives. At Gympass, we collaborate, set high achievable goal expectations and focus on the end result. It's a challenging, evolving environment that allows you to learn and grow. You will face a disruptive and emerging business model that will push you in several areas, with no boundaries for creation and collaboration.
We are hiring a Tech Lead for our Product Development team in Lisbon!
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve services focusing on performance, scalability and stability.
- Bring expertise in architecture and design processes, dive into the most complex technical problems.
- Create new services and capabilities to meet emerging needs as our new business grows.
- Work in agile development and quick prototypes, and you strive to see your work in action.
- Designs the overall technical architecture of the product with the help of the team.
- Responsible for the technical design of the product.
- Be hands-on and engage in coding to develop solutions and solve all surfacing problems.
- Be able to make quick and smart decisions that will affect the outcome of the product.
- Motivate, coach and give feedback to team members.
- Account for systems reliability, scalability, SLA and SLO.
- Manage technical debts and engineering backlog.
WHO YOU ARE
- You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty. You are a very technical professional with a passion for software and product development.
- You must be seen as a technical reference by your team and should expect to actively take part in all the architectural decisions of the squad.
- You will collaborate closely with other teams and stakeholders in order to evaluate feasibility of tasks, choose the best strategy on assigning and splitting user stories and prioritize engineering issues and technical debts.
- It is also expected for you to have a sharp strategic mindset questioning the product manager about the scope and timing of features balancing the complexity and the cost of opportunity of deliveries.
- Likewise, you have to be able to break a large feature into smaller meaning deliverables. This is part of the job.
- In addition you're expected to perform management tasks such as mentoring, facilitating and conducting regular one-on-ones with the members of your team, making sure that they are constantly challenged, engaged, and improving their skills.
- 2+ years experience in managing or technically leading a software engineering team.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent professional experience.
- Experience with SQL technology such as PostgreSQL, MySQL.
- Experience in working in a collaborative environment of teams of engineers, product managers and designers.
- Strong Experience in Software Architecture and with System Integrations
- Experience with microservices and high volume distributed systems.
- Experience in Agile ecosystems.
- Passion for new technologies and proven capability in analysis and problem-solving.
- Excellent teamwork, communication and project management skills.
- Must be proactive, have the ability to think outside of the box and hands-on profile to fit with our startup culture.
- You need to be able to articulate ideas clearly when speaking to groups in English.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU
We're a wellness company that is committed to the health and wellbeing of our employees. Our benefits include:
1) WELLNESS: health and dental insurance.
2) GYMPASS DISCOUNT: We believe in our mission and encourage our employees and their families to find their passion too.
3) CAREER GROWTH: Outstanding opportunities for personal and career growth. That means we maintain a growth mindset in everything we do and invest deeply in employee development.
4) CULTURE: An exciting and supportive atmosphere with ambitious people from around the world!
5) FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: We give our employees some flexibility to adjust their working hours, letting them adjust their starting time within a range of 3 hours.