Headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Berlin, Sydney and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Kafka and M3, on all major clouds. We have raised $150M in VC funding to date and are backed by world-class investors including Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, among others. We plan to invest this funding back into open source.Our roots are in open source. The services we provide are based on best-in-class open source data technologies. We are establishing the Open-Source Office that will coordinate and increase our contributions to the open source community.Through Aiven, developers can do what they do best: create applications. Meanwhile, we do what we do best; manage cloud data infrastructure. We enable our customers to drive business results from open source resulting in true transformations far beyond their own backyards.
About the role:
We are looking for a Support Engineer who is interested in solving complex technical problems, working directly with customers, Python programming, and properly structured cloud infrastructure. If you want to be a part of our Global Tech Ops Team and contribute to a very well-funded scale-up company, we want to hear from you!
This position is a combination of problem solving and direct customer interaction. We are looking for Support Engineers to help our customers use our platform, which turns the best open-source technologies into frustration-free cloud services. Our customers are primarily developers with a good understanding of technology, and, along with our entire development team, you will be helping them succeed using Aiven services.
- Customer support: triage, driving support cases to closure, escalation to other teams
- Work with complex open source databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, InfluxDB, Redis, as well as other open source data technologies like Kafka, Elasticsearch, Cassandra and Grafana
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with help from the product and operations teams
- Maintain internal and external product knowledge bases
- Provide feedback to Aiven sales and product development teams
- Develop internal tools to improve our customer support experience
- You graduated with a Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in Computer Science / Information Technology or relevant majors in 2020 or 2021, or you’re in the last year of study and have time for a full-time job; alternatively, you have experience in technical customer support roles for 3 years or more.
- You are a resident of Australia and have full working rights
- Fast learner - Ability to pick up new and unfamiliar technologies quickly
- Good communication skills and the ability to communicate clearly, concisely and effectively with customers and colleagues
- Python programming experience
- Cloud computing experience with AWS, GCP or Azure
- Experience working with one or more database and messaging systems such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Grafana, InfluxDB, Redis and Kafka
- Experience using Linux Systems.
- Experience troubleshooting issues and resolving customer issues in a timely manner
- Experience in writing technical blog posts would also be an asset
- Experience contributing to open-source technologies would be an added bonus
- A dynamic start-up environment with a rapidly growing, international business
- Stock options
- 1.5% extra employer superannuation contribution on top of the guarantee rate
- Subsidized private health insurance covers for employees' families
- Highly experienced colleagues
- Cool office in the centre of the city
- We support our people's growth by covering costs of professional trainings, conferences and exams
- Generous parental leave plans