At Aiven, we turn top Open-Source data technologies into frustration-free cloud services to serve the needs of customers of all sizes. Today, we offer eight fully-managed services - Apache Kafka, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Cassandra, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana that work across major cloud providers such as Google, Amazon, Azure, Digital Ocean and more.
Aiven in a nutshell:
- We are open-source and cloud experts
- Our platform delivers bullet-proof data ops
- Global service footprint & support organization
- Security in our DNA
- 500+ customers in 50+ countries
- $50M in VC funding
We are looking for a consulting-oriented Pre-Sales Solutions Architect to help customers utilize Aiven's managed open source services. An ideal candidate will be passionate about open-source technology and genuinely want to help customers in a pre-sales (and perhaps post-sales) capacity.
Suitable candidates must have demonstrable experience in the following areas that will be required in their day-to-day job: Apache Kafka, Apache Cassandra, PostgreSQL, MySQL, Elasticsearch, Redis, InfluxDB and Grafana.
Any migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL will be considered an asset!
- Helping customers succeed, building successful relationships from pre-sales stage to roll out and beyond
- Conduct successful proof of concepts and solve the customers' problems in getting up and running
- Be an active contributor during the sales process
- Be an ambassador for Aiven
- Travel up to 25% of the time (post-Covid)
- Understand customers’ technical requirements on an architectural level and propose solutions using Aiven’s services
- Communicate complex technical concepts in an approachable way and at a correct technical level for the audience
- Ability to implement proof of concept software solutions as needed, to interface with Aiven services in order to address business requirements
- Ability to form deep technical relationships with customers' technical staff
- Fluency in one or more programming languages such as Java, Python, Go or Ruby
- Knowledgeable of public clouds (AWS, Google or Azure) and in the areas of compute, storage - block and object, networking, and security groups
- Linux operating system, demonstrable experience using various Linux utilities and tools (installation, securing system, storage, etc.) and a good grasp of networking basics like DNS
- A fairly deep conceptual understanding of Kafka and at least one of Cassandra or Elasticsearch.
- Demonstrable use of a relational databases preferably PostgreSQL and/or MySQL (migration experience from Oracle to PostgreSQL is an asset)
- Act as a subject matter expert on Aiven service offerings
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science (or similar discipline) or, an equivalent amount of professional experience in software engineering
The following are nice to have:
- Writing technical blogs and conducting webinars
- Experience working in technology/software sales, pre-sales or consulting
- Giving talks at conferences and meetups
- Customer relationship management
- Ability to work on Pacific time
We are proud of our organizational culture - we search for the most pragmatic solution in everything we do and cultivate a trusting, supportive environment that empowers everyone to strive for excellence. Besides our people and culture, we offer you:
- An agile working environment with short decision paths
- Compensation for your open-source contributions in your free time
- Remote work
- Choose the devices and tools that you need to do your best work!
- Mobile phone and subscription
- Participation in employee stock option plan
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and diverse team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story. If you’re interested, send us your application.