Headquartered in Helsinki with offices in Berlin, Sydney and Toronto, Aiven provides managed open-source data technologies, such as PostgreSQL, Kafka and M3, on all major clouds. We have raised $150M in VC funding to date and are backed by world-class investors including Atomico, IVP and Earlybird Venture Capital, among others. We plan to invest this funding back into open source.
Our roots are in open source. The services we provide are based on best-in-class open-source data technologies. We are establishing an Open-Source Program Office which will coordinate and increase our contributions to the open-source community.
Aiven allows developers to do what they do best: create applications. Meanwhile, we do what we do best; manage cloud data infrastructure. We enable our customers to drive business results from open source resulting in true transformations far beyond their own backyards.
With offices in Helsinki, Berlin, Sydney and Boston, we have a virtual presence in Canada, the US, and several European countries.
We are now looking for a Sales Manager to join the Aiven Sales team in the United States.
- Qualifying new customers and prospects and selling the Aiven product suite to them
- Execute prospecting and open new leads by identifying and qualifying opportunities for Aiven
- Become an expert on Aiven’s services and conduct discovery calls, presentations, and demos with prospects and customers
- Articulate the business values your prospects can benefit from using Aiven services
- Support customers during the sales cycle and optimize the selection of Aiven's service offering in alignment with customer requirements
- Assist customers during the onboarding process and align closely with our Support Team to ensure a smooth transition to becoming an Aiven customer with a best-in-class customer experience
- Coordinate resources throughout the sales cycle, including product & engineering support
- Visit customers on site as appropriate in alignment with our Sales Enterprise Director
- Track all opportunity and customer details in Salesforce
- Experience selling to Developers as well as Director/VP-level leaders
- 3-5 years of software selling experience; SaaS experience preferred, familiarity with the Open-Source space is a major bonus
- Some basic IT education
- Outbound prospecting experience
- A consistent track record in meeting / exceeding quota
- Proficiency using Salesforce.com
- Skills in virtual presentations, online web demos, remote sales processes
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication skills
- The ambition to be an amazing salesperson (or maybe you are already - congrats!). As we are growing so fast - “the Sky's the Limit” for your own personal career here at Aiven.
A fast-growing cloud, open-source tech company offering:
- large variety of opportunities to develop and progress your career in multiple directions
- diverse and international working environment
- extra remuneration for open-source contributions
- participation in employee stock option plan
- flexible working hours and remote work
- mobile phone of your choice and subscription
Multiple additional perks and benefits including:
- Aiven Library - books of your choice to widen your knowledge
- German and Finnish language courses
- company sponsored events
You will be part of a highly-skilled, tight-knit and diverse team, making your contribution essential to what is becoming a truly unique success story.
If this role sounds like you, please send us your application and we’ll take it from there.
Aiven Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, disability, veteran status, gender identification, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.