Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Our Global Trust Center is rapidly growing and we are looking for new talent to join our Security Operation Center (SOC) team. If your background is within Managed Security Services, In-house SOC or Computer Incident Response Team we will offer you an environment that challenges the status quo and builds something different.
Our dedicated team has two focus areas; Threat Monitoring & Detection and Incident Response, with support from our Cyber Threat Intel procedure. The SOC team tries to use the best-of-breed tools for monitoring and detection as well as make the best use of traditional security platforms. With a focus on automation and applying analytics to our signals, we have an objective to be highly efficient in our operations with very few false positives.
Our goal is to improve our capabilities in cyber response, to develop the most effective ways of evaluating and triaging security events, and invoking appropriate response plans to events. We work in a continuously evolving business environment, therefore the technologies and processes we use are continuously changing as well. This means that this role requires people with great minds and brilliant ideas able and willing to challenge the traditional ways of operating a SOC function and try out new things.
What you'll get to do
- Onboard data sources and manage our new SaaS platform for streaming data
- Play a key part for correlation rules and dashboard creation and support the rest of the team and our internal customers
- Work in a team with investigative spirit, good perception, and judgment of the security landscape
- Develop our strategy for finding innovative ways to monitor our infrastructure, customers, partners, and employees
- Be the target of security attacks and take mitigation measures
- Provide in-depth cybersecurity analysis and trending of logs, event data, and alerts from a diverse range of log sources
- Be part of building security functions for native cloud-based environments
- Since cybercriminals do not keep business hours the job includes on-call duties on a scheduled and rotating basis (approximately every six weeks)
To succeed in this role, we think you should have
- Past experience from a Managed Security Services or in-house Security Operations Center
- Developed and implemented new cybersecurity use cases for SIEM
- Experience with SOAR or automation of tasks (e.g., scripting)
- Experience in working with AWS or Azure security services
- Experience in endpoint protection and response solutions
- Experience in networking and network security (incl. WiFi), such as firewalls, IDS/IPS, and network traffic analysis
We also believe in contributing back to the open-source community. You can find some of our work here https://github.com/klarna.
What we can offer you
- Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with talented people from 90+ different countries in our brand new English-speaking offices in Berlin city center.
- Learning - We have a learning and development-focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
- Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in an RSU program and own a stake in the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognize that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
- Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
How to apply: please send us your CV or Linkedin profile in English.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.