Zocdoc is the tech company at the beginning of a better healthcare experience. Every day, we are driven by our mission to give power to the patient, building products and services that simplify and streamline the overall healthcare journey for patients and providers, delivering the modern healthcare experience they expect and deserve.
Healthcare moves slow. We move fast. Patients deserve speed and convenience.
The safety and health of our employees is our top priority. As such, our return to office plan will follow a phased approach, working towards a hybrid model. Starting September 13 until the end of the year, our hybrid model will consist of two encouraged in-office days (Wednesday & Thursday); there will not be any mandatory return to office in 2021. Learn more about our return to office philosophy and plans here!
Your impact on our Mission
Telehealth adoption has risen rapidly after COVID-19. Zocdoc responded by launching an easy to use, free Telehealth product that allows providers to easily treat patients virtually. For patients, the Zocdoc Video Service is a simple experience, integrated into the Zocdoc platform, but the experience before the appointment is anything but. Virtual care has taken traditional paper-driven appointment intake from something archaic and annoying to something that’s urgently broken. Practices struggle to get the information they need and patients deal with duplicative and insecure ways of passing their more personal information to a practice.
Zocdoc has an opportunity to solve this for both patients and providers by extending our seamless booking experience into a great appointment experience. In this new role, you’ll be responsible for doing just that, and by doing so introduce Zocdoc to orders of magnitude more patients than previously possible.
As our Director of Engineering you’ll partner with our Product team to drive the product development that validates the provider and patient demand for a re-thought appointment experience, whether booked through Zocdoc or not. Success will be measured by the number of patients who use the product. This is an incredibly exciting opportunity to build a new product line from start to success, building a better healthcare experience for millions of patients.
Your leadership of our software teams will result in us shipping quickly with the right amount of investment in infrastructure, bettering our product and improving the lives of millions of patients. Your dedication to building a culture of transparency, inclusion, and support will help ensure that our engineering is always evolving and growing. Your ability to combine technical capabilities, digging into details to unblock teams and steer through complex engineering tradeoffs, with business knowledge and context is crucial for the success of Zocdoc.
You'll enjoy this role if you are…
- Passionate about software engineering and product development
- A business and product-first technologist
- A leader who enjoys inspiring, supporting and influencing their teams to do their best work
- Excited about building diverse and inclusive teams
- A data-driven thinker who makes decisions based on facts
- Motivated by working with the latest technologies
Your day to day is…
- Leading, managing, and growing software engineering teams at Zocdoc building full-stack software for delivering engaging health care experiences
- Working closely with Product Management and Engineering Managers who report to you to make great decisions on roadmap, technology choices, and engineering process
- Helping guide and support your team’s technology strategy: how much tech debt to incur, when to invest in a platform, when to use a third party, etc...
- Reporting to the CTO and will be involved in developing product roadmaps, org structure, and technology direction
- Working across the organization on Engineering Culture, helping to build career ladders, steer cross-team events, and help build an inclusive technology workforce
- With a strong hand in architecture, you’ll make sure we are building out the platform’s capabilities with attention to scale and speed
You'll be successful in this role if you have…
- Extensive (8+ Years) experience in Software Engineering, including both at individual contributor and Engineering Leadership levels
- A background in programming on the web and/or mobile development, and a natural curiosity about learning new technologies
- Experience in building distributed, high scale systems that handle millions of visitors.
- Hands on experience in the cloud, preferably in AWS
- Curiosity and business acumen, and an ability to learn and take on new opportunities
- A deep understanding and point of view on Engineering Process, including which parts of Agile to use and when, and whether DevOps is a team or focus area within Engineering
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Unlimited PTO
- 100% paid employee health benefit options
- Competitive parental leave
- Catered lunch everyday along with snacks (in office)
- Cell Phone reimbursement
- Convenient Soho location