Klarna was founded in Stockholm, Sweden in 2005. Since then we've changed the banking industry forever. And now we're creating the world's smoothest shopping experience. We serve over 90 million consumers worldwide, and partner with 250,000 merchants – with a new merchant joining us every 8 minutes. Including some of the world's leading brands, such as H&M, ASOS, IKEA, Adidas, Samsung and Lufthansa. Our offices are spread over 17 different markets, hosted by 4000+ employees from 100+ nationalities.
Engineering at Klarna is an inspired, customer-focused community, dedicated to crafting solutions that redefine our industry. Working in small, highly collaborative Agile teams, you and your team will have a clear mission and ownership of an important outcome that supports Klarna and our customers. At Klarna we optimise for quality, flow, fast feedback, focussing on end-to-end ownership, continuous improvement, testing, monitoring and experimentation. We aim for teams that are inclusive, helpful, and have a strong sense of ownership for the things they build. Our engineers make some of the most significant decisions for the company and we are looking for bold, open and curious developers. As a Klarnaut, you’ll be inspired to contribute to the growth of Europe’s most highly valued FinTech and your work will reach millions of users.
Want to be part of the change?
What you'll get to do
We are hiring for many different roles within our Engineering teams. Common among all of them is an interest in applying standard software development best practices towards platform or infrastructural problems. Most opportunities are directly related to empowering Klarna’s engineers by providing great tooling and services to support best practices with a minimal amount of effort. For these opportunities, we believe that the best solutions involve not just automation or infrastructure/configuration as code but also a deep understanding of how a developer might want to use these solutions. In practical terms this means paying attention to details that make the developer’s experience better and constantly evaluating whether we’ve found the right balance between making a developer’s job easier and enabling them to own their solutions. Ultimately, success here will drive better experiences for our over 90M consumers, 250,000 merchants operating in 17 countries.
Note that the requirements below may vary depending on the team. As part of the interview process, we will pair you with a team that matches your skills and interests with the team’s needs.
In our teams, you might have the opportunity to work with:
- Creating libraries and tooling to enable seamless integration of services we use
- Providing an easy to use and secure platform for container orchestration built on ECS
- Identifying and building solutions that raise the level of quality across an organisation of 1,500+ engineers - from well-supported build pipelines to best-in-class observability.
- Automating processes within cloud operations, security configuration, account management, cost optimisations, etc.
- Technologies like: AWS, Azure, Jenkins, Terraform, Docker, Kubernetes.
To succeed in one of our roles, we believe you may have:
- Experience with API and product development.Passion for writing clean and testable code.
- Experience with CI/CD - experiences and a mindset to execute CI/CD pipelines at scale is key. Experience with cloud providers, preferably AWS or Azure.
- Experience with infrastructure as code tooling and a matching mindset.
- Desire to build the collection of products, tools, services, workflows and automation that enable Klarna’s future and improve the work of hundreds of fellow developers.
- BSc degree in Computer Science or related technical field, or equivalent practical experience
We'll like you even more if you have:
- Hands-on experience with containers and related technologies.
- Worked on large-scale distributed systems.
What we can offer you
Culture - You'll have an opportunity to work with people from 100+ different countries in our English-speaking offices in Berlin city centre.
Learning - We have a learning and development focused environment with an emphasis on knowledge sharing, training, and regular internal technical talks.
Compensation - You’ll receive an attractive salary, pension, and insurance plans, plus we offer all of our employees an opportunity to invest in a RSU program and own a stake of the company. You’ll also receive 30 days annual leave and since we recognise that life is about more than work, we also offer benefits for gym memberships, marathons, and all sorts of activities that promote physical health. We also have generous parental leave (for men and women).
Relocation - We can offer relocation support to Berlin.
We know diverse teams are strong teams, so we welcome those with alternative identities, backgrounds, and experiences. Our teams include women, men, mothers, fathers, the self-taught, the college-educated, and people from all over the world.
We also believe in making contributions back to the open source community. You can find some of our work at https://github.com/klarna.
How to apply: Send over a CV or LinkedIn profile in English and let's arrange a chat.
Klarna is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and candidates. Please refrain from including your picture and age with your application.