Dark Store Manager, Rotterdam at Zapp
Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you’re ready to help build the world’s most customer-focused company, get in touch.
We are looking for an experienced manager to take full ownership of one of our dark stores and make sure the supply chain, logistics and customer promise are all running smoothly. You will be leading the team at our store and be responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance. We are ideally looking for a candidate with managerial experience in a customer facing and fast pace environment. Ultimately, you will ensure smooth operations by making the right decisions, leading and motivating the dark store staff and enable an amazing customer experience with punctual and zero error deliveries.
- Lead and developing a team handling the location operations
- Make sure that customer orders are assembled correctly and in time
- Make sure our delivery riders pick up the order expediently
- Handle customer issues in case of out of stocks or other issues
- Make sure stock is received, controlled and stored into the shelves
- Ensure inventory accuracy
- Supervise location associates on shift
- Recruit and manage location associates
- Maintain a clear and tidy warehouse and ensuring any potential hazards are dealt with safely, quickly and efficiently.
- Work both independently and as part of a team
- At least 2-3 years experience working in fast-paced environments preferably with experience in having managed a team before
- You have some prior experience in a role in a similar environment (food retail is a big plus)
- Strong organization skills – time management, resource planning
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communication
- Available to start in-person in Rotterdam as soon as possible
- Passion for technology, start-ups and on-demand services
- Attention to detail while while not sacrificing speed and scalability
- Hands-on mentality, willing to roll your sleeves up
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable in highly ambiguous environment and able to independently take responsibility from day one with ability to work with little direction
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Spend your monthly wellbeing allowance on things that really matter to you — via our Juno benefits programme. This can be anything from veggie boxes, to indoor plants, tax advice and much more
- Make use of our home office allowance for office supplies
- Benefit from our monthly Zapp order allowance
- Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and brings our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.