Dark Store Manager at Zapp
Zapp is building the future of convenience with a full stack approach to on-demand essential items, 24/7, delivered in minutes. Customer obsession is at the heart of everything we do, and from founders to riders we are relentlessly focused on delighting our customers. We are backed by the world's leading investors and our team has scale-up and exit experience at companies such as Amazon, Jumia, Deliveroo, Tesco, Stuart and Just Eat. If you’re ready to help build the world’s most customer-focused company, get in touch.
We are looking for an experienced manager to ensure our dark stores, supply chain and logistics operations function properly. You will be the leader of one of our dark stores, ultimately responsible for the day-to-day operations and performance. You should have hands-on managerial experience in a customer-facing environment.
- Manage, motivate and support a team of warehouse staff within a time-sensitive and demanding operational environment, to ensure effective contribution in order to deliver team performance and productivity.
- Drive the innovation needed at your site to delight every customer. Creatively problem solve and come up with solutions to challenges facing your team. Identify opportunities to improve our dark store set ups to make us faster and more accurate
- Drive simplification, making complex processes accessible and easy to implement
- Maintain health and safety standards, promoting a positive on-site safety culture, ensuring the site is compliant with regulatory requirements.
- Evaluate and report on KPIs for your store
- Monitor logistics to make sure they run smoothly
- Find cost-effective solutions for supply chain processes
- Collaborate with HQ in driving process and tech improvements, being the voice of the store, advocating for what your team needs to perform
- Experience working in food retail, a high growth tech start-up or management consulting
- Creative thinking and innovative nature - we’re launching a new business model that requires us to think out of the box
- Entrepreneurial mindset, comfortable in highly ambiguous environment and able to independently take responsibility from day one with ability to work with little direction
- Effective communicator - able to disseminate ideas in a clear, concise manner to the relevant stakeholders through both verbal and written communication
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent organisational and project management skills
- Attention to detail
- Creative problem-solving
- A strategic and analytical mind
- Competitive salary & equity package
- Enjoy 25 holidays per year (plus all bank holidays)
- Spend your monthly wellbeing allowance on things that really matter to you — via our Juno benefits programme. This can be anything from veggie boxes, to indoor plants, tax advice and much more
- Private health insurance
- Extended sick pay and maternity / paternity leave pay
- We will contribute 3% to your pension
- Make use of our home office allowance for office supplies
- Benefit from our monthly Zapp order allowance
- Be part of a fast-growing company and a super motivated team
At Zapp we embrace diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive and supportive work environment. We firmly believe that a variety of backgrounds & perspectives make our team stronger and brings our product closer to the customer.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we make all employment decisions without regard to age, national origin, race, ethnicity, religion, creed, gender, sexual orientation, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.