At the forefront of farming and food, Upside Foods is innovating new ways to produce real meat, without the need to breed, feed and slaughter animals. Our process begins with an animal cell, which is cultivated and harvested as meat. Upside Foods is a mission-driven company focused on bringing to meat lovers an authentic product that is truly humane, sustainably produced, nutritious and delicious! We are now expanding our team of dedicated professionals across disciplines to make better meat for a better world.
About this job
Product Management at UPSIDE Foods will become an increasingly critical function, as the complexity and breadth of our product development increases. The team will serve as the connector between R&D, food formulations, manufacturing, regulatory, and commercial teams. In collaboration with these teams, we aim to drive toward strong decision-making with a holistic view of product success and adoption.
As a Product Manager at UPSIDE Foods, you will be the representative for a portfolio of products. For each product managed, you will align the organization on the product’s criteria for success and work with all relevant development and commercial functions in driving toward that success.
- Product manage one of our core product lines, with opportunity to manage a portfolio of products as we mature
- Analyze market research, trends, projections and innovations to formulate new product concepts and designs
- Define product success – then align stakeholders to the vision, taking into consideration unique perspectives, biases, and team dynamics
- Identify critical path for the product’s success and rally the team to work through identified roadblocks
- Keep the broader organization and leadership updated on product status, risk areas, and needs
- Own lifecycle management and commercial success of a product portfolio
- You have 3+ years of experience in a product management (or adjacent) role. Most relevant experience: physical products, first-in-the-world technologies, products with a complex set technical and commercial stakeholders, food products, biotech products
- You develop strong perspectives on “what good looks like” even in the face of many differing opinions – but you are also able to adapt as new data points emerge
- You have a strong track record of “getting to yes” with a diverse toolkit of approaches to influence
- You have a history of collaborating well with teammates and build trust-based relationships
- You are deeply curious about the technical and business areas that are unfamiliar – and can comfortably ‘talk shop’ with experts in those areas
- You have experienced and driven success in a wide breadth of industries and contexts – with a diverse set of teams
- You are good at processing ambiguous and complex challenges – and then efficiently identifying a critical path forward
- You are able to bring fun to challenging and high-pressure environments and able to prioritize based on context
UPSIDE Foods is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.