We manage partnerships with media companies and content creators of all varieties to bring diverse, quality information to SmartNews users. We make our “SmartView First” program accessible to a broad group of publishers, large, medium & small alike. Sustainability is key to our collective success - we generate meaningful revenue for publishers at reasonable costs for SmartNews.
We are hiring this individual to better serve our publisher partners via coordination and communication of promotional opportunities and other key initiatives. The individual will help increase our points of contact with publishers. The Associate, Partner Relations Manager will assist in maintaining and enhancing favorable relations with the publishing community through the planning and execution of regular communications (emails and newsletters), as well as at industry and special events, in addition to regular check in meetings with VIP partners.
- Collaborate with content team on editorial calendar & planning and coordinate with publisher partners on related opportunities through to execution
- Conduct market research and identify potential partnerships and promotional opportunities at industry events
- Liaise with media operations team on partner implementation & troubleshooting
- Assist in launch of new partnerships by managing the contract process with stakeholders
- Own tracking of legal documents and partner billing process
- Collect and maintain partner information in our CRM. Help build frameworks and tools to streamline efforts and improve our partnership programs.
- Support BD team by creating decks, gathering data and assisting with partner requests
- +4 years of relevant industry experience
- Applicable experience from working in Audience Development, Business Development or other related publishing experience
- Deep working experience and hands on knowledge of working with platforms such as Apple News, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Understanding of the media ecosystem and associated metrics (traffic, revenue, etc.)
- Experience working on platforms such as Apple News, Facebook, Twitter in a publisher development capacity and/or relevant experience at other engineering-centric companies.
- Highly organized and comfortable in a fast-paced environment, ability to prioritize a large volume of projects.
- Strong collaborator with superior project management and problem-solving skills.
- Detail oriented, proactive, organized and have the ability to follow-up often and in a friendly and courteous manner.