Engineering Manager, Business Systems at SmartNews
San Francisco, CA, US
SmartNews’s Corporate Engineering (IT & Business Systems) team is responsible for supporting the hardware, software, and related technology in our globally distributed environment. This role provides individual leadership for the Business Systems staff, and helps to build and configure enterprise systems, integrations, and analytics as we scale. Reporting directly to the Head of Corporate Engineering, this role will have oversee a team and works closely with all levels of the organization to set strategy and support our end-users in the US, Japan and China
- You will own overall architecture, processes, and integrations with systems like Netsuite, BambooHR/ TriNet, SFDC, Integration Platforms etc.
- You will lead cross-functional technical projects and day-to-day operations with Sales, Marketing, Finance, People, Operations and Engineering teams, including requirements gathering and business justification as well as overall governance of projects and initiatives.
- You will partner with department leads to create efficient, scalable processes and formalize systems and internal controls
- You will architect, refine and document a streamlined, efficient and accurate process around business processes, data through our connected systems
- You will coordinate with third-party vendors to manage implementation and associated legal, compliance, security, and contracting processes
- You will establish data management policies, including setting up necessary processes and tools and maintain and monitor data quality through systems
- You will be responsible for the configuration, maintenance, security, and performance of Enterprise applications like Netsuite, Salesforce, Workday, Snaplogic etc, ; maximize the use of these applications for scalability.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of data quality standards, data protection standards and adoption requirements across IT and Enterprise applications.
- Provide leadership, mentorship and development through regular 1:1s and check-ins with your direct team; hire and on-board new talent
- B.S. in a quantitative field (e.g., Computer Science, Engineering, Economics).
- 8+ years of implementation and leadership experience with HRIS, Netsuite, Salesforce and/or other leading Cloud based enterprise applications in HR, Finance, CRM space.
- 3+ years of People Management experience.
- Experience Integrating datasets from CRM/ERP systems like Salesforce, Workday, Netsuite and other enterprise applications.
- Experience in business data warehouse and analytics/BI architectures, including the design and development across multiple technologies and analytical platforms.
- Understanding of data governance, analytics principles and reporting tools is required.
- Intermediate SQL skills, must be able to design queries as well as make data structure recommendations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills – experience working with business stakeholders and senior leaders.
- Experience with interviewing business to capture requirements, formulate and define system scope and objectives.
- Able to coordinate multiple projects and prioritize a variety of incoming requests.
- Experience working at startups.
- Multi-lingual (Japanese language skill preferred)