Founded in Tokyo in 2012, SmartNews has quickly become the go-to source of news for millions of users around the world, and a leading news aggregation mobile app. Our mission is bigger than simply aggregating news, and we are working to break through the filter bubble and deliver the world’s quality information to the people who need it.
As Programmatic Inventory & Yield Manager you will be the first programmatic ad ops and yield professional within the organization, tasked with helping to create processes and structure from the ground up. Reporting to the Head of Programmatic, you will be a key stakeholder in creating best practices and ensuring SmartNews is at the cutting edge of programmatic. A professional with knowledge of ad operations and yield in the programmatic space, you will provide support to our programmatic sales team and manage day-to-day pricing rules and price setting with our monetization partners (Header Bidding Partners, SSP’s, etc.) to ensure we achieve optimal revenue. This role will work in close conjunction with our ad operations team to ensure our programmatic business coincides with our holistic advertising business.
- Responsible for providing day to day insights and analysis of advertising yield and inventory across SmartNews
- Responsible for yield management and setting of daily floor prices and setting across all programmatic monetization partners inclusive of header bidding and SSP partners
- Provide sales operations support to the programmatic sales team, and assist in creating PMP/Programmatic Direct rates
- Define programmatic targeting best practices while creating new processes around deal set-up, data targeting, ad unit targeting, key value pair creation, etc.
- Act as a key thought leader in improving the overall health of our programmatic ecosystem, working with our ad operations team to ensure overarching GAM level settings coincide with programmatic partner settings
- Regularly review programmatic reports in various monetization partner dashboards as well as internal dashboards in order to highlight data-centric trends and opportunities
- In conjunction with our ad operations team, evaluate and onboard external vendors (e.g. yield optimization partners) to help streamline ad ops and yield workflow
- 4+ years of relevant ads industry experience, ideally in programmatic ad ops/yield management
- 3+ years experience at an online publisher, SSP, DSP, or similar Ad Tech company
- Deep working knowledge and understanding of GAM
- Expertise in mobile app monetization, open bidding, and header bidding
- Understanding of yield management and the various 3rd party tools we can explore using to optimize revenue
- Prior experience creating ad ops and yield best practices from scratch
- Strong analytical and operations skills, as well as the ability to distill complex insights into actionable next steps
- Love being strategic, but just as importantly, rolling up your sleeves to be hands-on with the day-to-day business
Nice to Haves
- Having worked at an early stage startup
- Managed programmatic ad ops and/or yield at an online publisher
- Having multicultural background or working experience
- Equity included
- 100% medical, dental and vision insurance coverage (including 100% coverage for family)
- 401k matching program
- Monthly allowances
- Free lunch, snacks, drinks, etc.
- Pet friendly office