Bitmovin provides API based software that powers the world's largest OTT online video providers with video developer tools, built by industry experts.
Come join the team building innovative online video software for developers and content owners worldwide!
As a Software Engineer in Support in our regional EMEA Solutions Department, you will...
- Resolve customer problems, delighting them along the way
- Take a consultative and proactive role in customer conversations
- Support a mix of enterprise and mid-market customers across a variety of use-cases such as player and analytics deployments on web, mobile and smart TV apps, encoding workflows on managed or customer’s cloud, VOD and live use-cases, per-title encoding, multi-codec, DRM, and others
- Work across functional teams to deliver on projects relating to customer experience and success
- Collaborate closely with Product and Engineering teams, providing insights about customer needs and practices to help build new features and fix bugs in accordance with market needs
- Create and update customer-facing documentation based on customer interactions
- Take a consultative role with Product Managers to define and shape the product goals, roadmap, priorities, and strategy based on your frontline knowledge of customer needs
- Write test cases and customer-facing code examples
- Continually research and learn the current and future best practices of using Bitmovin products and the media tech industry
- Stay up to date about industry trends and standards, competitors and open source tools
- Write in-depth documentation and clarify community communications that share knowledge and radiate Bitmovin's technical strengths
- Create innovative solutions that push Bitmovin’s brand ahead of the curve
- Mentor and train teammates on new technologies and new product features
- Participate in hiring processes by reviewing applications and assessments, and participating in interviews
- Suggest and implement improvements to support workflows, tools
It would be great if you have
- Excellent written and verbal communication, love for communicating with people
- 2+ years experience in a support or other service-oriented customer-facing role
- 1+ years experience in writing support content
- 1+ years experience as a developer, working in test automation, or working with scripting.
- Worked at one company for at least 2 years, within the last 5 years
- Managed cases throughout the entire support lifecycle from initial customer inquiry to triage and reproduction, writing bug reports for hand off to the development team, and case resolution
- Ability to adapt communication to the technical skill level of the audience
- Ability to research and simplify complex technical topics in writing and verbally
- Ability to troubleshoot issues, research workarounds and report status frequently to stakeholders
- Work in best effort mode, finding practical solutions quickly to unblock urgent situations
- Proven ability to learn a new programming language quickly and easily
- Experience with Git and CI/CD
- Experience with Linux systems administration
- Detail oriented mindset, able to never miss a beat in technical discussions with highly technical customers
- A love of documenting issues and being extremely organized in order to keep track of work, tickets and tasks
- Motivation to spend at least 50% of your time working directly with customers on a day to day basis
- Rock star skills researching complex issues using internal and external documentation, tools
- Ability to work closely with internal team members in various time zones to ask questions in a way that doesn’t require too many iterations to get to the right answer for a customer
It would be even better if you have
- Experience with video compression and/or playback technologies
- Experience with Swift, Kotlin, Python
- Knowledge of DevOps methodologies and appreciation for the value that technologies like Serverless and Kubernetes bring to the software deployment and development process
- Experience in using support and CRM tools such as Zendesk, Intercom, and Salesforce
- Worked with Bitmovin technology elsewhere.
- Working with an innovative, fast-growing and international team with low hierarchy
- Opportunity to make an impact on the multimedia industry in EMEA
- The ability to influence the product growth
- Competitive salary
- 28 holiday days (UK) plus Christmas Eve & New Year's Eve and bank holidays
- Volunteering days
- Flexible work hours
- The best and most modern tools to work with
- Free choice of hardware to support you
- Investment in growth and education (LinkedIn Learning, language courses and much more)
- No routines, but new challenging projects with global impact
- Regular and fun team activities (hackathons, skiing days, quarterly events and more)
- The opportunity to work for a rapidly growing company building innovative video solutions
Bitmovin, a YCombinator company, is a fast growing privately owned technology leader, located in San Francisco, CA and Klagenfurt, Austria.
The company was founded by the co-creators of international media standards like MPEG-DASH, that is used today by Netflix, Youtube, and others. Bitmovin is the technology leader in online video technologies such as cloud-based encoding, adaptive streaming players, 360°/VR streaming and performance analytics. Bitmovin is backed by top investors such as Atomico as well as industry leaders like the former VP Engineering of Netflix, former CTO of Cisco, founder of Unity3D, and many others. Bitmovin’s customers include the top media and technology companies worldwide, including discovery+, fuboTV, DAZN, BBC, RTL, RedBull Media House, Globo, ClassPass, The New York Times and many others.
Working at Bitmovin is fast-paced, fun and challenging with colleagues and customers worldwide.
Diversity, Equity & Inclusion
At Bitmovin we sincerely believe in the value that true diversity brings to a company. We diligently ensure our business, our people, our language and our actions do not discriminate against differences in race, religion, colour, origin, gender, sexual orientation, education, age, marital status, veteran status, disability and neurodiversity. Diversity is a part of our company character, thus we strive for the inclusion of diverse thought leadership to enhance the capability and uniqueness of our company proposition and culture.
STARTING TIME: Immediately
Empower your future and join us now!
Bitmovin does not accept unsolicited referrals or resumes from any source other than directly from candidates. The submission of referrals or resumes by anyone other than a candidate directly to Bitmovin will be deemed gratuitous, and the company will not be obligated or bound in any way to pay any fee if the candidate is hired.