Sorare is at the intersection of sports, gaming and NFTs. Through tradable digital cards, Sorare is designing a collective fantasy football experience where you can manage your favorite players, hone your passion to earn prizes and be part of a community. Anyone, anywhere, can connect with the game on Sorare. The company’s mission is to build “the game within the game” and to give fans, players and clubs the platform to celebrate, share and own the game.
Founded in 2018, Sorare has seen tremendous growth. The platform had a card sales volume of over $130M (€110M) since January 2021 across 160 countries. Sorare is backed by a world-class team of investors including Softbank, Benchmark, Accel Partners, and footballers Gerard Piqué, Antoine Griezmann and Rio Ferdinand.
We are looking for a Senior Frontend Engineer to join our growing Engineering team.
You should have a strong understanding of backend systems supporting mobile and web applications, with an interest to design, implement, and deploy your own features. You will be working on a live game with hundreds of thousands of monthly active players. You’ll collaborate with engineers, product and game designers as well as product managers. All our team members have a say in the shape of the product and you will attend weekly sprint meetings to discuss our roadmap and priorities. Things move quickly at Sorare as we work toward building a unique and category leading game.
You don’t need to be a football fan, a gaming addict or crypto-nerd to work with us. We're looking for engineers who like to get things done, work in a fast-paced environment at a hyper-growth company, take ownership and autonomy for their work, and expect to learn a lot along the way.
- Drive complex projects from inception to launch
- Work alongside Design, Mobile, and Product to execute on a roadmap focused on building the best product for our players
- Deploy new features and improvements to production
- Design and build toward optimal solutions to tough technical problems
- Instrument the code and monitor the health of our systems
- Care deeply about security, performance, and maintainability
- Technologies we currently use:
- Blockchain: Ethereum, Solidity, Starkware
- Languages: Ruby, Typescript to start; with more to come as we scale
- Frameworks: Rails, React, GraphQL
- Services: Algolia, PostgreSQL
- Platforms: AWS, Kubernetes, Docker
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer or developer
- Hands-on knowledge with frontend development
- Hands-on knowledge with scripting languages such as Ruby, Python or PHP
- Have production experience with frameworks such as React or Vue, as well as REST or GraphQL APIs
- Demonstrated technical initiative and leadership
- Independent, curious and highly motivated to explore novel solutions with a growing team in a challenging space
- Experience with agile development practices
- Willingness to learn other languages as needed
- Eager to learn and work in an environment with new technologies and paradigms
- Attention to detail: you strive for the high quality from top to bottom
- Excellent written and spoken English communication skills
- Ambition - Join a startup with demonstrated traction and the global ambition to create a category leader
- Stock Options - We want all our employees to contribute to the success of Sorare and we will award stock options so you can share in our success as we grow
- Health Care - Great medical, dental and vision insurance options
- Wellness Benefit - Sorare contributes to employees wellness (e.g. gym membership, classes, etc.)
- Pre-Tax Commuter Benefit - Sorare covers $130 in commuter costs
- Latest Tech - We cover equipment such as monitors, computer, and headphones
- Lunch - Sorare will contribute to their employees lunch expenses
- Unlimited Paid Time Off in addition to observed company holidays
Sorare is an equal opportunity employer committed to an inclusive and diverse workplace. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to: race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran status, disability status or any other basis prohibited by law.
As we are an international company, please note we speak English in the workplace. Please apply for the role with an English CV so we can process your application.