Beekeeper is looking for the most talented and passionate individuals who love to work in demanding and international environments and want to join our mission of empowering frontline workers globally through technology. To support our ambitious growth plans, we are creating a new role to oversee the internal IT Enterprise Architecture for our 200+ Bees globally.
As our new Head of IT Systems you will be responsible for a broad and challenging portfolio of activities, incl. our IT Strategy & Roadmap, Enterprise Architecture, Business Partnering, Operational Resilience and Data Governance & Compliance. You will ensure that Beekeeper’s internal IT business services deliver value and enable our teams to meet customers’, regulators’, and senior management’s expectations, whilst balancing the broader strategic growth objectives. You will achieve this by increasing visibility and understanding of the organisational and technological landscape, current and future.
You will work closely with business leaders, IT operations, risk & compliance, and security professionals both within and outside the IT organisation to deliver an effective & efficient IT architecture and business solutions for a modern global SaaS organisation, while also supporting effective information governance and establishing measurable controls and policies that support and comply with relevant regulations and standards.
Come and join us in building Switzerland’s next unicorn!
Your Responsibilities (in order of priority)
- Strategy & Roadmap: You will co-develop and implement our Information Technology strategy and drive the IT technology roadmap to enable Beekeeper’s business growth objectives, facilitating business and IT alignment.
- Enterprise Architecture: Create a holistic architectural view of all the technology in our business and support functions in order to identify synergies to improve value and provide visibility into execution constraints across the organisation.
- Business Partnering: Evaluate new technologies for competitive advantage and work closely with business stakeholders to design and develop cutting-edge solutions for their IT needs, incl. optimising business IT processes and workflows.
- Data Governance Framework: Drive the cross-functional development of a data governance framework and architecture for collecting, storing, sharing and using data. This will make it easier to streamline and scale core governance processes, enabling Beekeeper to maintain compliance, democratize data, and support collaboration.
- Vendor & Performance Management: Lead liaison and work with key technology and service providers to drive the implementation of roadmaps, assess and manage vendors and develop strategies for measuring and reporting performance.
- Operational Resilience & BCM: Define Beekeeper’s operational resilience approach and develop BCM/DR plans to minimize disruption to business operations in the event of emergency situations or data loss based on business and asset criticality.
- Governance & Compliance: Develop and implement Enterprise Architecture-related policy and best practice guides for the organisation. Conduct regular system and technology risk reviews and assess their outcomes.
- Education, awareness and training: Identify and design training programs and workshops for Beekeeper staff and provide direction for IT stakeholders.
- Leadership: thought- and practical leadership of cross-functional teams
What we look for in you
- 5+ years of practical experience in Information Technology or Enterprise Architecture, having a great understanding of IT Architecture Frameworks, SaaS environments, Data Governance concepts, current delivery practices and modern business ecosystems.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, ideally with a background in technology consulting, business analysis or requirements engineering
- Experience leading, managing and supporting the roll-out of complex IT projects across different departments
- Ability to switch between strategic thinking to practical implementation, not afraid to roll up sleeves and get stuck in, whilst also keeping the strategic perspective at all times
- Strong people and stakeholder management skills, especially in a matrix environment managing cross functional teams and programmes
- Outstanding organisational and planning skills, ability to cope with high volumes of work and tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English, with the ability to present complex technical issues in an easily understandable way to a variety of internal and external audiences, including senior management
- Sound knowledge of current and emerging data protection regulations in our core markets (GDPR, CCPA, and Swiss Federal Act on Data Protection)
- Coding and programming experience with API integrations
- German language skills
- Working experience in a technology or SaaS company
Who we are
Beekeeper believes in the potential of every single employee. That’s why we’ve built the essential platform for frontline workers. We help organizations digitally enable their frontline, to boost productivity, quality and safety, and be more agile.
We are based in Zurich and Oakland with additional offices in Berlin and Krakow. These locations support companies in more than 150 countries.