Y42 is a fast-growing company, founded in 2020 and backed by some of the world's most renowned investors. They all deeply believe in our vision of frictionless business intelligence.
We pride ourselves on having assembled a team of 100+ diverse, talented and dedicated experts from all over the world. We are ambitious and we hold ourselves to a high standard. Y42 offers a very exciting and fast paced environment. We like a challenge and learn by doing. Our ambitious mission: Making it easy for everyone to use their data productively.
If you are looking for a place where you can have an impact, work with talented people and make a true difference, you will be really happy here.
Keep on reading to learn more about the role, what we’re looking for and why you should join us on this amazing journey!
About the role
As a member of the Growth Team, you will report directly to the Team Lead Business Development. We recently left the evangelizing phase and are now setting up repeatable, predictable growth, which you will build significantly.
As our Business Development Executive, these are the things you will do:
- Drive Y42’s growth through inbound and outbound prospecting efforts, generating sales leads that will turn into business opportunities;
- Educate and nurture incoming leads and move them down the sales funnel to support the team to reach our goals and help skyrocket us to unicorn status;
- Write email/LinkedIn/mixed sequences and make cold calls to map and attract new leads;
- Conduct personalized follow-up calls and emails based on research and A/B testing that will convert into successful sales meetings;
- Take full ownership of your campaigns from start to finish (planning, lead research, lead list generation, sequence building, messaging, monitoring, and optimization);
- Build out essential company-wide frameworks: JTBD, ICP segmentation, and persona tree;
- Build and improve automated sales processes focused on our ideal customer profiles and target personas that will help the team to drive sales results;
- Collaborate with the Marketing Team on sales enablement content, including blog posts, customer success stories, and onboarding guides;
- Develop cross-functional projects with other teams (Customer Success, Product, Marketing, etc.) or external partners.
What we're looking for:
- 2+ years of experience in a business or tech job role related to sales;
- A hunter mentality and experience working on outbound strategies (via phone, email, social selling, or in person);
- Negotiation skills to promote ideas and influence an audience;
- A positive attitude in the face of criticism, rejection or failure;
- Knowing the basics of this particular segment of B2B Saas companies;
- Eagerness to deep-dive into the data analytics space and act as an evangelist for Y42 in the market;
- A high degree of proactiveness, diligence, and a get-stuff-done mentality;
- A very analytical and creative mindset;
- Ambition and eagerness to grow in an extremely fast-moving environment;
- Fluent communication in English.
What will get our attention even more:
- Experience working in a B2B SaaS company;
- Expertise on the tech or data analytics space;
- Speaking one or several of the following languages: French, Dutch, Italian, Portuguese or Polish.
Everyone carries a unique set of valuable skills and experiences. If you think you could have an impact even though you don’t match all items in this list, we strongly encourage you to apply.
Reasons to join
Joining Y42 means joining our mission and contributing to our growth. That’s why we strongly believe in co-ownership. In return for your dedication and hard work we offer a competitive salary along with a generous VSOP package to participate in the company’s success.
You can also count on:
- A learning and development budget;
- Free mentoring and mental health coaching sessions;
- Public transport pass or Swapfiets e-bike subscription;
- State-of-the-art work equipment, incl. MacBook Pro, Bose headphones and monitor;
- An office with amazing views in the heart of Berlin (Rocket Tower, Charlottenstraße 4);
- The flexibility to work from home;
- A no-elbow environment where collaboration and inclusivity are fostered;
- A team of talented and inspiring colleagues who are experts in their field;
- The opportunity to bring a SaaS startup to unicorn status and way beyond.
We won’t try to convince you with our weekly team lunches, free fruits, delicious snacks and a fridge full of beverages. We’re not even going to mention our ping pong table.
Y42 is a proud equal opportunity employer. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone feels safe and comfortable being their authentic selves, no matter how they look, dress, speak or identify, or whom they love, believe in or aspire.
Curious about our office? We get it! We’re on the 12th and 13th floor of the Rocket Tower in the center of Berlin, Charlottenstraße 4. You can enjoy the views on days you’re not working remotely.
The typical hiring process at Y42
- CV application: Share your CV with us and any supporting documents if you like. We will get back to you as quickly as possible.
- Get to know each other: In our first call, we want to exchange expectations and clear up your most urging questions. Furthermore, we want to excite you about our mission and product.
- Main Interview: In this interview, our hiring managers want to learn more about your skills and thought processes. We want to understand your abilities and align on a technical level.
- Culture Interview: In the last hiring stage, we want you to meet at least one member of the management team. We deeply value team chemistry and want to give you the opportunity to get to know each other before any signings.
- Et voilà: Offer! We aim to finish the entire process within 28 days.