- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Business Dev
- Industry: Industrial Automation
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: cloudnc.com
- Company Address: 1 Norton Folgate, E1 6DB London, UK
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About CloudNCWe’re on a mission to enable efficient manufacturing processes with a single click - creating a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity.
Business Development Manager (Automotive CNC Machining)
Home based / Remote (UK Only)
Expected travel to customer sites and CloudNC sites when required (London/Chelmsford)
Who are CloudNC?
We’re a dynamic manufacturing company looking to revolutionise the manufacturing industry. Combining technology and manufacturing, we’re building the world’s most intelligent factory by developing AI technology that automates Computer-Aided Manufacturing.
In excess of £150 Bn worth of components are produced using CNC machines every year and the industry is heavily reliant on human input, which is slow and costly. Demand and value of the industry is rapidly growing, as are the increased demands on a vanishing workforce (50% will retire within the next decade). So, we’re on a mission to automate manufacturing and create a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity and our productivity.
We are driving a manufacturing revolution (Industry 4.0) and we have achieved notable success and world firsts where others have failed. We are ambitiously scaling up having closed on our Series B funding and achieving partnerships and investment from the best possible organisations in our respective industries, including: Autodesk (multi-industry software world leader), Lockheed Martin (the largest aerospace/defence company in the world), British Patient Capital (arm of the UK Gov’s British Business Bank focused on pushing R&D in high potential tech companies).
The Commercial Team
The commercial team at CloudNC is highly motivated and tenacious, they know the future of manufacturing is automation and enjoy partnering with customers across many different industries, including aerospace, defence, and medical to name a few.
They're agile and able to react quickly, working with operations to generate quotes and together on post-sales activity. They embrace the fast-moving, changing nature of being part of a scale-up company.
Managing the sales cycle end to end, they are success-driven and enjoy the autonomy to achieve goals and measure their own performance. Never losing sight of our mission they research and test different methods to continually improve the customer experience.
Are you a New Business Sales Manager or BDM from Automotive Manufacturing looking for an exciting role in which you will help to grow and shape a bleeding edge AI CNC Manufacturing scale-up with the vision of making autonomous factories?
Less technical sales and more relationship building sales, we’re looking for someone with a strong, pre-existing network of automotive contacts that they can immediately tap into right from the outset. You’ll be selling precision engineered machining capacity and assisting in our quest for explosive growth.
Please note: applicants to this role must hold the right to work in the UK.
Purpose of the role
● To strategically source, develop and tactically execute a continuous pipeline of new business opportunities, engaging with key stakeholders to win opportunities that will contribute to the long-term growth and profitability of the Company.
● To successfully manage the generation, nurturing and tracking of qualified leads into the sales process and through to a winning conclusion.
● To uncover the compelling reasons why customers buy and partner with the customer to achieve mutual goals.
● To deliver focused sales and marketing plans/campaigns in conjunction with other stakeholders that create a sense of urgency and shorten the sales cycle.
● Be accountable for delivering results, achieving and exceeding agreed targets and strive to improve your own performance.
● Source, analyse and qualify a strategic pipeline of new and profitable business opportunities, develop proposals and presentations to inform key stakeholders where appropriate.
● Maintain a database of prospects and account customer activity utilising pipedrive & other appropriate tools and systems.
● Prepare and manage a sales budget, and forecast, track and report on KPI targets (e.g. customer visit reports, prospect mapping, strategic plans, gross margin, sales growth, new customers), pipeline and attainment of revenue objectives.
● Work closely and network with field sales colleagues and other key stakeholders (e.g. Marketing, Technical) to identify and develop commercial initiatives through a high level of activity across multiple channels.
● Quickly and effectively uncover customer requirements, applying a consultative approach and a creative and positive attitude to examine customer needs and goals as well as business risks and potentials in order to reach a mutually beneficial solution.
● Keep ahead of the competition by constantly monitoring industry and competitor trends and developments, bringing fresh ideas forward for new business opportunities and keeping key stakeholders (Sales Manager, Marketing, etc.) informed.
● Continually learn and update personal knowledge by actively participating in learning events, researching, reading professional publications, and participate in both internal and external-led workshops and associated events.
● Working with internal and external key stakeholders to resolve customer issues whilst championing a culture of continuous improvement.
Base Sales Competencies
A will to sell
Strong Sales DNA
Selling competencies such as consultative seller
Large opportunity management
Navigation of customer
Strategic customer acquisition
Qualifications & Experience
● Degree qualification (Preferred) or equivalent experience in an engineering, technical-related, Sales, Marketing or business qualification.
● Experience of working in a sales orientated role with a sound understanding and use of sales strategies and methodologies.
● Experience of working in / selling into Automotive manufacturing environments, ideally representing CNC businesses and selling machining capacity
● Creating sales plans and working with others to drive sales and deliver sales and profit targets.
● Sales pipeline management, specifically in new business opportunities.
● Proven track record of winning new business.
● Strong evidence of network development and management at multiple business levels.
● Targeting and actively selling in multi-product / complex solution environments.
● Experience of campaign management.
● Strong commercial acumen with contractual exposure.
● Track record of winning new business in the Automotive manufacturing supply chain.
● Project Management experience.
● CRM (or equivalent) experience.
We are nothing without our team! As such you'll receive:
● Competitive Salary (Happy to discuss in detail at application stage)
● Strong Bonus Scheme (team and individual)
● Company Stock Options
● Company expense card
● 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays!)
● Private Healthcare
● Life Insurance (4 x salary)
● Team lunches, socials, innovation days and private events
● ThanksBen - £50 every month to spend on whatever you like!
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission of disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity in all forms and continuously improve our inclusivity efforts.