- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Product Mangement
- Industry: Industrial Automation
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: cloudnc.com
- Company Address: 1 Norton Folgate, E1 6DB London, UK
About CloudNCWe’re on a mission to enable efficient manufacturing processes with a single click - creating a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity.
Who are CloudNC?
We’re a dynamic manufacturing company looking to revolutionise the manufacturing industry. Combining technology and manufacturing, we’re building the world’s most intelligent factory by developing AI technology that automates Computer-Aided Manufacturing.
In excess of £150 Bn worth of components are produced using CNC machines every year and the industry is heavily reliant on human input, which is slow and costly. Demand and value of the industry is rapidly growing, as are the increased demands on a vanishing workforce (50% will retire within the next decade). So, we’re on a mission to automate manufacturing and create a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity and our productivity.
We are driving a manufacturing revolution (Industry 4.0) and we have achieved notable success and world firsts where others have failed. We are ambitiously scaling up having closed on our Series B funding and achieving partnerships and investment from the best possible organisations in our respective industries, including: Autodesk (multi-industry software world leader), Lockheed Martin (the largest aerospace/defence company in the world), British Patient Capital (arm of the UK Gov’s British Business Bank focused on pushing R&D in high potential tech companies).
Are you a Project Manager from an Aerospace or Automotive Manufacturing background, looking for an exciting role in which you will develop the very latest Project Management systems, and shape the New Product Introduction (NPI) function for a cutting edge CNC Manufacturing company with a vision of making autonomous factories?
We’re offering the opportunity to play a key part in our fast paced scale-up and growth - to become the market leading manufacturing automation solution. This is an unrivalled opportunity where you will lay the basis for enabling the company to develop its strategy by implementing an industry leading and scalable NPI processes.
The role would suit a Project Manager from an Aerospace or Automotive NPI & Account management background, looking to build your own system for process improvement and helping us to achieve our goal of creating the perfect manufacturing solution as a global company.
The manufacturing team at CloudNC are masters of our machines. Many of our team have Formula 1, Aerospace and Automotive backgrounds and are broad in their experience and responsibilities, meaning they can produce estimates, run machines and provide machine strategies to support our customers and business needs. This means we have full accountability of a part's journey from quoting to the finished component, and you'll often see them working together to reduce cycle times and optimise manufacturing processes to make parts that delight our customers.
The team is flexible and they embrace the fast-moving, ever changing nature of being part of a start-up/scale-up. Never losing sight of our mission, the team has taken up the challenge to support CloudNC in building its first fully autonomous factory!
What you'll be doing...
Reporting into the Engineering Manager, you will develop and implement the NPI (New product and or process Introduction) processes, and as the NPI Project Manager you will be the focal point for the business on NPI and Project Management. You will lead the NPI function and work closely with the Commercial, Quality, Manufacturing Production and Tech teams to support the business needs.
● Full involvement from initial customer enquiry, through estimating to DFM (Design for manufacture) - driving Design Assurance, Supplier Quality, Cost of Poor Quality and Zero Defects to ensure customer satisfaction.
● Using process capability to negotiate quality standards with customers, ensuring manufacturing is given the widest possible process window.
● Ensuring that the requirements of all quality standards and accreditations are met, understood and communicated throughout the company.
● Implementation and promotion of a continuous improvement culture throughout the business.
● Working closely with the technology team to develop automated processes wherever possible.
● Responsible for root cause, corrective and preventive actions for all non conforming components and processes - building strong working relationships with suppliers and customers as required.
“It’s a match!” - We’d love to hear from you if you have the following essential experience:
● Previous Project Management experience with exposure to NPI within the Aerospace or Automotive Manufacturing industry
● New Product Introduction experience - From customer enquiry to factory industrialisation
● A recognised Project management qualification (such as PRINCE 2 or similar)
● Experience of creating and influencing cross functional teams
● Ability to write concise and effective process flows
And applicants who also have the following, will be highly desirable:
● Good working knowledge of component design and Engineering DFM (Design for Manufacture) practices
● NPI process development & improvement experience using CI techniques
● HND (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering or related subject.
● Good MS/Google suite skills (Mail, Sheets, Docs & Slides in particular)
● The ability to read and understand complex 3D models, engineering drawings and customer specifications
● A strong understanding of the dynamics of the Business, teams, functional departments and their interrelationships.
● Excellent customer service orientation with experience of acting as the company point of contact with customers.
● Excellent interpersonal communication and prioritisation skills
What you'll receive...
We are nothing without our teams, as such you'll receive:
● Competitive Salary (Happy to discuss in detail at application stage)
● Company Stock Options
● 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
● Private Healthcare
● Life Insurance (4 x salary)
● Stocked Kitchen with pool table
● Team lunches, socials, innovation days and private events
● ThanksBen - £50 every month to spend on whatever you like!
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry and we celebrate diversity in all forms.
If you feel you could be a good fit for the role please send over a copy of your CV, we would love to hear from you!