- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Operations
- Industry: Industrial Automation
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: cloudnc.com
- Company Address: 1 Norton Folgate, E1 6DB London, UK
- Salary Range: $50,000 - $150,000
About CloudNCWe’re on a mission to enable efficient manufacturing processes with a single click - creating a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity.
Are you an accomplished Supply Chain Planner / Project Manager with experience of managing Aerospace/Automotive subcontract suppliers to achieve Delivery On-Time In-Full (OTIF)? If so, we’d love to hear from you…
Who are CloudNC?
We’re a dynamic manufacturing company looking to revolutionise the manufacturing industry. Combining software development and precision engineering, we’re building the world’s most intelligent factory by developing AI technology that fully automates Computer-Aided Manufacturing.
In excess of £150 Bn worth of components are produced using CNC machines every year and the industry is heavily reliant on human input, which is slow and costly. Demand and value of the industry is rapidly growing, as are the increased demands on a vanishing workforce (50% will retire within the next decade). So, we’re on a mission to automate manufacturing and create a clean and sustainable industrial revolution that accelerates humanity and our productivity.
We are driving a manufacturing revolution (Industry 4.0) and we have achieved notable success and world firsts where others have failed. We are ambitiously scaling up having closed on our Series B funding and achieving partnerships and investment from the best possible organisations in our respective industries, including: Autodesk (multi-industry software world leader), Lockheed Martin (the largest aerospace/defence company in the world), British Patient Capital (arm of the UK Gov’s British Business Bank focused on pushing R&D in high potential tech companies).
The manufacturing team at CloudNC are masters of our machines. Many of our team have Formula 1, Aerospace and Automotive backgrounds and are broad in their experience and responsibilities, meaning they can produce estimates, run machines and provide machine strategies to support our customers and business needs. This means we have full accountability of a part's journey from quoting to the finished component, and you'll often see them working together to reduce cycle times and optimise manufacturing processes to make parts that delight our customers.
The team is flexible and they embrace the fast-moving, ever changing nature of being part of a start-up/scale-up. Never losing sight of our mission, the team has taken up the challenge to support CloudNC in building its first fully autonomous factory!
Reporting to the commercial Manager and based remotely (but with regular travel to key suppliers), you will play a key part in this company's fast paced scaling and growth as we become the leading manufacturing automation solution. You can expect to work from home around 25% of the time with the rest of your time spent liaising with and visiting our suppliers - managing the supply chain to ensure orders are received on time, in full and assisting with the supply chain planning. There will also be occasional trips to our state of the art Factory in Chelmsford (perhaps once a month or so).
You will help to develop and implement OTIF processes whilst being the nexus for the business and all open orders within the supply chain. You will lead the work, but work closely with the Procurement, Commercial, Quality, Manufacturing Production and Tech teams to support the business needs and deliver a world class service to our customers.
● Working with the supplier from initial order placement through to delivery - Driving Design Assurance, Supplier Quality and Zero Defects to ensure customer satisfaction.
● Ensure all quality standards and accreditations are communicated, understood and adhered to throughout the supply chain.
● Implementing and promoting a culture of Continuous Improvement throughout the business and supply chain.
● Working closely with the technology team to develop automated processes wherever practically possible.
● Work closely with Supplier Quality to be responsible for root cause, corrective and preventive actions for all non conforming components and processes, building strong working relationships with suppliers and customers as required.
● Previous Project Management experience with exposure to Supply Chain within the Aerospace, Defence, Energy, or Automotive industries
● Experience of influencing suppliers
● Experience of creating and influencing cross-functional teams
● A recognised Project Management qualification (PRINCE2 or similar)
● The ability to write concise and effective process flows
● Excellent customer service orientation with experience of acting as the company point of contact with customers
● Excellent interpersonal communication and prioritisation skills
● New Product Introduction experience - From customer enquiry to factory industrialisation
● NPI process development & improvement experience using CI techniques would be advantageous
● HND (or equivalent) qualification in Engineering or similar discipline
● Good Google suite (Mail, sheets, docs & slides in particular) and MS Project skills
● The ability to read and understand complex 3D models, engineering drawings and Customer Specifications
● A strong understanding of the dynamics of the Business, teams, functional departments and their interrelationships
What you'll receive...
We are nothing without our people! As such you'll receive:
● Competitive Salary (Happy to discuss at application stage)
● Company Stock Options
● Company Expense Card
● 28 days holiday (plus bank holidays!)
● Private Healthcare
● Life Insurance (4 x salary)
● Team lunches, socials, innovation days and private events
● ThanksBen - a £50 ‘thank you’ every month to spend on whatever you like!
Equal Opportunities Statement
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer, valuing individuality and embracing all people. The success of CloudNC is a result of diversity of thought. We recognise this comes from people truly belonging. We encourage different perspectives and skills to collaborate towards our mission - disrupting the manufacturing industry. We celebrate diversity!