- Job Type: Full-Time
- Function: Engineering Software
- Industry: Improving Health
- Post Date: 09/18/2023
- Website: kheironmed.com
- Company Address: 116 Old Street, London, England EC1V 9BG, GB
About KheironOur mission is to help breast cancer patients live longer, better lives through earlier detection. We combine new deep learning methods, data science and radiology insights to help doctors find malignancies in mammograms.
Who we are
Considered a world leader in the development of AI-enabled cancer diagnostics, we are on a mission to help radiologists detect breast cancer earlier using deep learning. As seen on the front page of the New York Times and on CNN, the company’s first AI solution, Mia®, is already helping doctors in Europe improve early breast cancer detection by 13%. We are currently rolling-out Mia throughout the UK as seen on BBC TV.
We are also joining forces with a large-scale provider, leading academic institutions and Microsoft to bring Mia to the US market with the goal of helping to save the lives of 40,000 women per year.
We are proud that Kheiron is one of the winners of the first UK Government Artificial Intelligence (AI) in Health and Care Awards. This funding is accelerating the rapid adoption of Mia to address critical challenges in breast screening services.Kheiron has main hubs in London, Budapest and the Netherlands. We are backed by leading investors, including Connect Ventures, Hoxton Ventures, Atomico, Greycroft and Exor Seeds.
This is a Software Engineer position within our Gateway Team. Software Engineer's at Kheiron are doers who immerse themselves in our customers' most intricate workflows, partner with customer teams and explore the data. Our gateway team work with customers and partners to ensure the successful delivery and implementation of Kheiron’s product rollout in the customers’ environment. In this role, we're looking for someone who is comfortable with ambiguity, juggling competing priorities and enjoy being in a multi-faceted environment.
You must have the right to work in the United Kingdom, Netherlands, or Hungary.
What you’ll be doing:
- Acting as the bridge between the engineering team, our partners and customers (estimated 20% client facing)
- Identifying relevant datasets through deep engagement with customers and partners and work to integrate the data into Kheiron’s data lake
- Working with customers and partners to ensure the successful deployment and configuration of Kheiron’s core products
- Partnering with our Clinical and Commercial teams to ensure the successful completion of commercial and partner engagements
- Understanding customer use cases and requirements, bring your findings back to the product team to help Kheiron build products that delight our customers
We’d love you to join if you have:
- Proficiency with programming languages, Python preferred
- Familiarity processing various data formats, such as CSV, XML, JSON, free text data; experience with HL7 and DICOM messages would be a plus
- Experienced with using SQL and various data analysis tools preferred
- Experience of both Windows and Linux in Enterprise deployments
- Familiarity with networking, storage systems and cloud infrastructure
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals
- Excellent communication and project management skills
- Experience working within Hospital IT systems and processes a bonus
- Willingness to travel as needed
What we offer:
- 🏥 Impact Lives through early detection - You can be part of a world-class team that has the potential to improve breast screening for millions of women
- 🚀 World Leading - The opportunity to be on the global forefront of bringing AI safely into clinical practice
- 📈 Equity - We want you to be part of the Kheiron story and all employees will receive equity
- 🌴 Time Off: 22 days + the days between Christmas & New Year + bank holidays
- ❤️ Physical & Mental Health - We care about your wellbeing. We offer enhanced paid sick leave, health insurance and your support mental health through Spill
- 👨👩👧👧 Enhanced Parental Leave - Extended maternity, paternity and adoption leave